Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Hair/Makeup Stylists

Hi everyone,

First time posting on here! I've tried looking through old posts but I haven't found anything related to this. I am getting married in Baltimore city and am looking for people for hair and makeup. I have a few salons that I'd be fine going to, but I wanted to see if anyone had any great recommendations before just picking randomly. I'm open to going to the salon or having someone come to my house. All just depends on price and time! Thanks!

Re: Hair/Makeup Stylists

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Ashley with Up Do's for I Do's, and she did a great job.  I know they also have people who do makeup that you can book as well, but I just used her for hair. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Baltimore Bridal Hair (they also have makeup too!) and I had a great experience.  I used a former knottie for my makeup, but she just had a set of twins so I'm not sure she's still doing weddings.  At least for the time being.

I was also in a wedding this past weekend and the bride brought in one girl who did both hair and makeup and she was amazing.  Her name is Lauren Ward (Lauren Ruth Ward on Facebook).  She works out of Talkin Heads in Ellicott City but I think she does weddings on the side.  She was really really fast and so nice.  I wish I would have not been a cheap @ss and gotten my hair done because all the girls looked amazing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     I'm using my regular stylist, Kim Skarzenski for my hair.  She's a good family friend and has done pretty much my   extended family's hair for 10+ years.  She's based out of South Mane Salon in Bel Air (formerly was at Michael's Hair Studio).  We will be goiing to the salon on the wedding day because I have a lot of bridesmaids, plus mom, gmom and aunt are getting their hair done. 

For makeup I am using Nicole Palermo of Happily Ever After.  I absolutely loved her at my trial, and my mom did a trial with her too and loved her.  She will be coming to us to do the makeup at the Tremont Hotel where we are getting ready. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Miss ... Mrs.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for the advice!! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Up Dos for I Dos is very popular for hair.  Ashlie Decker also has hired a new stylist and she is great for make-up.  I know a few knotties have used her.  Also, many people love Nicole Palermo for make-up.  Both Nicole and Amie book up pretty far out so I'd contact them as quickly as possible if you're interested.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards