Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Cylburn Arboretum.......REVIEWS!?!

Anyone getting married here....any advice or pictures so I can see the venue!! I am thinking about traveling up there to visit the space... if you had your wedding here, how are the people and the management? Not many reviews on wedding wire or online!! Thank you!!

TIA

Re: Cylburn Arboretum.......REVIEWS!?!

• Options
    gabbridegabbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there years ago (like 10 or so) but it was a really pretty and really nice outdoor space.
  • Options
    tonyettetonyette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there in August--not in the Mansion, but the Visitor Center. I have the option to use outside, too, but I decided against it since it WILL be in August! So far, the point of contact has been great. I've emailed her SEVERAL times with tons of questions and she's always gotten right back to me very quickly. I even emailed her during the blizzard in February and she responded! I have gone to visit the site twice and she happily met me and those who I brought with me. Of course, I don't have "day of" reviews yet, but so far, I have nothing but good things to say. I can keep you posted, though, if you are interested!
  • Options
    AT4AT4
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! Jusst wondering how the venue itself looks and the scenery and rental equipment...thanks for the information! Happy wedding planning and congratulations :)
  • Options
    tonyettetonyette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, ok! Well, so the building we are using has floor-to-ceiling windows! Beautiful! I originally saw it in February, it was ok but I knew it was going to be beautiful. Now the grass has grown and it's already very pretty! I know when the flowers all around that building (daffodils I think she said) are in bloom, it'll be gorgeous!
    Let's see, comes with tables and chairs. The way the A/V is set up, we actually probably don't even need a DJ, could just hook up an iPod or something but we wanted someone to give us an "old school DJ and MC" feel. I suggest, if you can, just go up there and look around. OR even schedule a tour and let them know your intentions! I think they'd be more than happy to oblige!
    And thank you! Happy planning to you as well!!
  • Options
    AT4AT4
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the additional information!! :)
  • Options
    BethG12BethG12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When you say that you could use outdoor space, where would that be? My FI and I went and looked today and the grounds were beautiful but we weren't sure where we'd be allowed to set up a tent or how that would work in terms of rental fees(do you have to rent a building also so you have bathrooms)?  We're going to give them a call but just curious if you know anything.  Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards