Maryland-Baltimore

Thorpewood Reception??

Hi,  my Fiance and I have been looing at the website for thorpewood in Thurmont and Im interested if anyone has gotten married there or been to a wedding there. What were your thoughts on the place.  Wondering how expensive it is also because you have to use their caterer.

Thanks

Re: Thorpewood Reception??

• amycrimsamycrims member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a florist and have done a wedding there. It really blew me away at how freaking adorable it was...oh they're green/sustainable too! I was especially into their ceremony site where guests sit on long halved logs- so picturesque! I have no idea how much it costs, and would have looked at it for my wedding, but FI wants to stay closer to Bmore.
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there in August of last year and it was absolutely beautiful. I have no idea about the cost but the food was excellent. Its very hot, though, if you do a summer month. All in all I think it was a great choice, though certainly a far drive from Baltimore.
    Hope that helps :)
  • MegOhSix489MegOhSix489 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

When I checked into it the rental alone was 3,900. From what I saw their cater looked kind of pricy however I dont remember an exact number. If you email them they will send you an info packet via email.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards