Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Wedding Venue and Budget

I am having a hard time choosing between 2 venues to have the ceremony and reception. My budget is 10,000 for everything. So I want to know whats everyones venue and budget.

Re: Wedding Venue and Budget

• Options
    ashlidieashlidie member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Which 2 Venues?

Mine is the Union Mills Homestead, budget 12.5k
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    nertgirl02nertgirl02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mine are the hilton hotel in white marsh and the sheraton hotel in towson
  • Options
    theatretwintheatretwin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Probably the other question to ask - what's the size of the guest list? I tried to keep it at $10K b/c we're paying for it ourselves...and it's going to be more, but mostly b/c the size of the guest list, also whether you're going the traditional route. We were required' to use the caterer at our venue, but I got the venue for a steal b/c I bid on it at a local fundraising auction.  Still, the pp cost for the food is probably around $38 pp...  Bar is another $11pp. So far I'm very happy with my experience at my venue (Peerce's Landing, doing both ceremony and reception there).  I bet  in the end I'll be closer to about 115 people and $13K, but don't tell my FI! :) 

Good luck!
  • Options
    ashlidieashlidie member
    edited December 2011
    One of my friends is getting married at the Sheraton in Towson and is very happy with her choice.  I am from the White Marsh area (know exactly where the hilton is) but I guess I have never been inside. 

I would say for the Hilton, avoid weekdays around rush hour and the holiday season since it is in the heart of the town center there and traffic can get nuts.
    imageimage
  • Options
    nertgirl02nertgirl02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my guest like 70 people only our closet family and friends
  • Options
    ashlidieashlidie member
    edited December 2011
    Oh, well you should have no problem sticking to 10k.  Im able to do about 12.5k with 150 guests
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards