Kentucky

I'm afraid to tackle photography!

I have no idea where to begin!   What do you think, ladies?

Re: I'm afraid to tackle photography!

• RosemaryCBRosemaryCB member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Begin with two things first:

1.  What do you want?  Style? Hours of coverage?  Album? etc.

2.  How much do you want to spend?  Be honest with yourself about what you can spend and then look for photographers within that amount.  Don't fall in love with a 10k studio if you can't spend it.

3.  You also need to talk with several photographers, even if you meet with someone you love right off the bat.  Your photographer is the one person who will be with you all day and it's important to trust, respect, and like your photographer. 

4.  Remember that your wedding photographs are lasting memories from your day.  You want them to be of top quality.

I hate our wedding pictures because we got married where there were only two photographers in town.  I had no choices.  Here in Louisville, there are many great people to choose from, so I wish I had lived here then!

And also--know that photography is an investment.  See it that way.

And talk to lots of other brides!  They can help you and provide you with lots of information because they have been where you are now!

You can do it!
  • msanders09msanders09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOW Rosemary hit it on the head!
    definitely make sure you realize that your photography is an investment and make sure you select a photographer you've met with and feel like you will be most comfortable around since they may be taking very special and intimate photos for you on your most important day of your life!
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Minor Details Photography out of Danville, KY.  www.minordetailsphoto.com.
  • edited December 2011
    I am going to pm you some info!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards