Kentucky

Dress questions

Hey ladies! I have a few questions regarding Louisville prices/stores. 1 Has anyone dealt with Bridal Warehouse? How was the experience compared to say, Davids Bridal?2. Is there a typical price for alterations?3. Can you reccomend your seamstress?
"In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs

Re: Dress questions

• KmettsKmetts member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a lot of shops here in Louisville, and The Bridal Suite of Louisville was my favorite-and where I bought my GORGEOUS DRESS! I would avoid David's at all cost, the gowns were cheap looking, ( and feeling.) and the service..ughhh. The Bridal Suite provides a list of seamstresses for you after your gown comes in, and they are places that only come highly recommended. The owner told me to budget around $200 or so for my alterations. It really just depends on what you need to have done to your gown. Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Hello, I'm getting married this june, and while I have not chosen a dress yet, I have been to several places. I did not like David's Bridal or Bridal warehouse at all. They did not have much and it seemed cheap. Also it was very impersonal and just not a fun place to shop. My sister got her dress at Bridal warehouse this past year, and her salesperson called one of the bridesmaids a bigger girl, to her face (she is NOT). I really liked Rebecca's. They have a sale room with many beautiful, often cheap, sample dresses.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards