Kentucky

Lexington Vendors

I wanted to share my vendors with everyone, as I found it hard when I was planning my wedding to find reviews of local vendors.  Flowers - Doug Smith of Doug Smith Designs - does a great job.  He was full of ideas Cake - Scott Walker the Batter Bowl - the cake was great and very reasonablePhotographer - Winn Photography - Carla and Jim are super sweet and hung in there.  We did 2 weddings in 1 day (Indian and American) and they did both without missing a beatDJ Brian Williams - Sounds to Go - AWESOME - the dance floor was full all night long and he was so easy to work with!Hair - Nicole Ortiz -Hair Gallery in Dudley Square- she will come to you - she is sweet and does a great jobMake-up Anna Simpson Crane - Amazing, it looked very natural and she will come to youIndian Caterer - Masala's food was great and he was on timeWedding Programs - Johnny Print - did a great job with a 3 day turn around time as they print in house - Can do special order as well...We had invitations printed in IndiaWedding and Reception - We did both ceremonies and the reception at the Marriott - The day was great, but they were very hard to deal with and there was uneccessary stress the week of the wedding.  Make sure you have everything in writing - meal price, table centerpieces (as I was told these were no longer provided but they did "give" them to me - would do as back-up as flowers can get really expensive), as well as what the service charge means BEFORE signing the contract. I am working with them re: my complaints but the wedding was almost 2 months ago.  Would not rule them out, but be cautiousI hope I did not leave anyone out.  Most importantly I hope this helps!!

Re: Lexington Vendors

• beckyb6beckyb6 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank You so much for posting your vendor reviews. I'm planning a February wedding here in Lexington and am having problems finding suggestions for different vendors in the Lexington area. Your reviews are very beneficial as I'm still looking for a florist and hair stylist!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards