Kentucky

wedding ring help needed!

Hey everyone!  Gotta question about wedding ring metals.  We are on a tight budget and I have about 300 bucks to spend on each of our wedding rings.  I was wondering what other people have done for wedding rings.  My engagement ring is white gold, so I really want to go with that for my ring.  I've noticed that sterling silver is a lot more affordable, but I'm concerned that it won't last very well.  The next option would be something like tungsten or titanium, but again, not sure how I feel about those metals.  And anything else is basically out of the budget. 

Please let me know what you've decided to go with!  Thanks!

Re: wedding ring help needed!

• edited December 2011
    Have looked around much for bands? I wanted white gold as well. and I found a lot of ladies rings that didn't cost much. I think it really depends on what style you are looking for.  I found a basic band for like $56 , I also looked at some others that had different diamond designs in them for 150-400.  You may just want to shop around. I am not sure about mens rings because when we look my fiance found his on the first trip and immediatly knew he wanted it. We really didn't look around anymore than that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you just want a simple white gold band, someplace like Sam's Club or Cosco will be a great option.  They have men's rings as well.  We're buying my FI's ring through an etsy seller and it will be rough titanium and mokume gane...very untraditional, but very much him.  You can definitely get both of your rings for $300.  Oh, and look on Amazon Marketplace.  I got my FI a titanium ring for Christmas for $17 including shipping.  It was originally $300 but was on 95% off clearance.  GL!
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got H's band from titanumkay.com for $100.  It's black Tungsten, and it's exactly what he wanted.  Just keep in mind that the harder metals can't be sized, so you need to be sure of what size to order first.  I'd get your ring size at a couple of different stores to be sure (the one H went to wasn't accurate and we had to re-order).
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • edited December 2011
    We got our rings from a jewelry store that was closing and everything was 70-80% off, so our rings together were less than $100.  I know that's kind of a freak deal, but if you have some time until your wedding, I would ask friends and family to be on the look out.

We found out because my MOH was at the mall and happened to walk past the store and see signs.
  • edited December 2011
    Go to JC Penney... they are having a great sale where things are 50% off and tell them you want to take a survey and they will give you an extra 15% off.
  • ambi083ambi083 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am very minimalist and rough on jewelry.  So, I only wanted one ring.  I got a used band with nine diamonds (totaling 1/5k) to be both my wedding an engagement ring.  My man works with beer all day and drives a semi, so he wants brushed Tungsten Carbide.  (His will only be about $60!)
    Ready to get married on our 5th (dating) year anniversary!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards