Kentucky

reception

I have been searching for reception sites that are affordable in Lexington! My fience would LOVE to have our reception in a barn like setting, I have contacted Red Mile, Steeple Chase, and Talon winery BUT no one seems to be writing back!! If anyone has any other ideas for reception places, it would be more than helpful!! I am the first of all of my friends to get married, and the weddings I have gone to are usually out of town, so I have no clue!! Thanks for all your help!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: reception

• edited December 2011

DON'T USE TALON!!!     They screwed me and my fiance over and refuse to do anything to fix it.  I have filed a complaint with the BBB.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want a weekend, Talon isn't cheap at all.  They wanted $4000 just to show up on a Saturday.  Nothing else included at all - not even a ceremony space.  That was extra.  Extra for chairs, for cleanup. . . Way too much.

There are a lot of other wineries in central KY, and most of them do weddings and have barns.  Bourbon distilleries are good too - check out Buffalo Trace in Frankfort.  They've gotten some good reviews. 

We went with a golf course, so no barn for us.  But, just keep thinking creatively. 

Also - Fasig-Tipton and The Thoroughbred Center might be good choices. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • edited December 2011
    I know nothing about Lexington, but Buffalo Trace is awesome and pretty inexpensive.  I wanted to get married there so badly, but I also wanted my grandma to come and that would be too long of a trip for her.

But it's beautiful.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for the suggestions! Im looking into everything!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance and I are getting married at the Cardome Center in Georgetown, KY May 2011.  They have a beautiful Chapel Hall where we are holding the reception and the grounds are absolutely gorgeous for an outdoor ceremony.  They also have a second location on their campus, called the Black Barn that, I believe, is an old tobacco barn.  Their rental prices are very reasonable, and we have lots of control over the day.  Rental includes use of the facility from 9am-midnight, we can choose any caterer, etc, and they have just been fantastic to work with!
    edited December 2011
    AJDalton, do they allow alcohol?  Or does it have to be a dry reception?
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • lauralu80lauralu80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When looking for a reception site, I also looked at Talon. Unfortunately, it was just a little too expensive for our budget. However, we found Equus Run Vineyards (in Midway, just outside of Lexington) and will have the reception there this October.  You don't have a minimum amount of wine that you are required to purchase, and can only have wine and beer as far as alcohol is concerned, but they will coordinate all that for you. The price is SOO much more affordable.

The people have been so nice to us; I can't wait!
    edited December 2011
    Equus is great.  However, they're very hit or miss on when they will have weddings, since they have so many other events (concerts and such).  They also have a noise ordinance that requires you to shut down the DJ at 9:30, I believe. 

It was my first choice venue, but our crowd wanted to party till midnight, so we went elsewhere. 

Their Cabernet Sauvignon Blanc de Noir is an awesome picnic wine, too.  Just FYI.  One of my very favorite Kentucky wines. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards