Kentucky
Options

Newly weds new to Louisville

Hello,

My husband and I are newly weds new to Louisville. He moved here as a student. I am/was a photographer (still am, but do not know anyone) so we are on a pretty tight budget. We also have a son he is 4. (he is mine, his father passed away, and my husband just took him in).

We are looking for fun things to do. We often sit at home and watch movies :( BUT would like to get out more. Can ANYONE help?

Please and Thank you!

Re: Newly weds new to Louisville

• Options
    Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I LOVE to take our dog to Cherokee Park. Here is a map to it:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=Cherokee+Park+Louisville&fb=1&gl=us&hq=Cherokee+Park&hnear=Louisville,+KY&cid=0,0,16377094319666550746&ei=CamITfSNEMiD0QH64pz_DQ&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=2&ved=0CCEQnwIwAQ

They have a big loop that you can walk around that has a pedestrian only side, so it's safe to walk with your son. It's right next to Seneca Park as well.

There are other parks that are fun as well, such as the playground at the waterfront and Iroquois Park.  Both would be great places for you to do some photography if you do landscape photography.

We also like to go to the restaurants on Bardstown Rd and sit outside when it's nice out. They're also dog friendly if you have a dog. Molly Malones even has special doggie bowls for water if you need one. :)
  • Options
    FKSFKS
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out www.possibilitycity.com for tons of great things to do in Louisville!  It's such a great city.  I hope you and your family love it!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your son might enjoy the Louisville Science Center or the Louisville Slugger Museum.  They're right downtown and both are a lot of fun and have lots to do for a kid that age.

My family always enjoys shopping and going to restaurants on Bardstown Rd.  It's a really cool area.
    Getting an autograph from UK's March Madness MVP image
  • Options
    Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Slugger Museum also reminded me about Louisville Bats games. I LOOOVEEE going to the baseball games during the summer!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much! We have actually been to Cherokee park! It is BEAUTIFUL! I would also like to go to the museum and my son would love to go to a game or two. These are all things I have yet to think of. It is really stressful moving so far away without a job and a support system. My mind was more set on gettting settled and not so much on the fun we could have as a family. :(

I really appreciate all of your replies. keep them coming! also if anyone knows of any cost friendly ways to advertise for a local business, that would be great too. I talked to the local paper and it was like 600 just for a week of advertising WOW!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards