Kentucky

Churches in Lexington

Hey Everyone,

I am looking for a pretty baptist, christian, or methodist church in Lexington that allows non-members to host a ceremony (not the reception) on site.  I live in Las Vegas and am having a really hard time finding information on the churches via the internet.  Any advice or suggestions would be fantastic!!!

Thanks!

Re: Churches in Lexington

• edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Central Christian.  They do allow non-members to get married there.  I also have heard that First United Methodist downtown is also gorgeous...but I'm not sure about if they allow non-members.  Depending on how many guests, you could also check out some of the colleges.  From pictures, the chapel at Asbury is stunning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

If you are having a small wedding, there is a beautiful episcopal (not sure of spelling) on parker's mill road called St. Raphael. It allows non members and you can bring your own priest or minister. I love this church, it's all stone and beautiful but it is pricey, 1100 to rent. I'm trying to look for one I love but less expensive.

• mafairmafair member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much ladies.  St. Raphael's is gorgeous, but 1100 is pretty steep for 2 hours of use :(.  1st United Methodist also seems to be pretty expensive for a non-member (almost 2,000 with everything). 

Is Central Christian in that same price range, around 1000 to use?  It looks really pretty online but I can't find much information on weddings hosted there.  Also, it's less than 2 miles from my reception site, so if it's not too expensive then it might be perfect!  I hate to ask but amymandbrian0 would you be able to offer some insight as to their fees?  Thanks!
  • ebrasieebrasie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

where i am getting married crestwood christian allows non members it cost aroud 700 to 1000 it seats about 800. there is information on the website

• edited December 2011
    Try Walnut Hill Church. It's really lovely, but it's a bit out in the country:

http://www.walnuthillchurchky.org/index.html
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at First United Methodist Church on West Short St in Lexington. I am Baptist but they are allowing me to have my ceremony there and they have been great so far. Beautiful church, great location with a nice big parking lot next door and across the street. www.1stumc.org
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I think Central is $1200 for non-members.  We are members, so I can't remember for sure.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Danielle8778Danielle8778 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     The reason i'm writing today is because im looking for brides to see if they want to sell some of their decor ,centerpices and so on after the wedding. That is If it adds to my theme.

That being said if you want to sell some of your stuff after your wedding please be in touch? Just click on to my name and read my post if you feel like you have some stuff that will add to my theme please respond on my post.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards