Kentucky
Options

Wedding bartender

Hey gals, I'm starting to plan my wedding and have a very limited budget.  I am thinking of having it at the Bell House. (anyone been there or have any info on it? I haven't toured it yet!)   We want to serve some alchohol and I haven't the slightest idea where to start.  I did find a few bartenders on the internet and Craigslist but haven't heard back from them.  Anyone hire a bartender for your weddinng?  Any referrals?  Dumb question, but do they just bartend, or bring their own "bar" and liquor too??   Or do we supply the liquor & they just make the drinks??

Thanks for any advice/help!!
  Smile

Re: Wedding bartender

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Typically you provide the alcohol, mixers, cups, garnishes, straws, etc. and they will just make the drinks.  Some folks may have their own shakers, malt cups, jiggers, etc.  It would depend on what you wanted to do.  I do know that a couple bartenders at several bars in Lexington do private events, you could always ask around if you don't hear from those people on CL.  GL!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I googled "Bell House wedding photos" and found a lot of pictures that were posted on different photographers websites. It does look like a beautiful place for a ceremony and/or reception, although it does only hold about 100 people, so if you're planning on inviting more than that, then you won't be able to fit everyone in there! :)

I was considering it for both my ceremony and reception, but it looks like since it's such a small place I would have to turn over the room after the ceremony to set up for the reception, so I'm not really sure how I feel about that. I plan to schedule a tour there for sometime next month, so I'll be able to get a better feel for it after that.

As far as the question about bartenders, I can't really offer any advice for that!  Sorry!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys!  And I plan on touring there soon as well. I think it will work for me as I am having a small wedding - maybe 75 people total.   And it is super cheap compared to other venues I've priced!
  • Options
    Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think generally you provide the liquor and they serve it. I think they also provide the liquor license for the event, but I would double check with them on that. Definitely make sure they have their personal liquor license that allows them to serve alcohol! I don't have any referrals though. :(
  • Options
    eventtenderseventtenders member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm with Event Tenders.  We are a professional bartending and staffing company.  If you'd like to get more information about bartenders, legal and liability issues, or more, give me a call.  (859) 963-2000 or visit http://eventtenders.com.   We'd be glad to answer any questions you may have.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    check out www.bar-ties.com or facebook Bar Ties Event Bartending Services
  • Options
    Please give us (Event Tenders) a call.   We are professional bartenders in Lexington KY.  Feel free to go to our website and we will be happy to provide references.   We have done events not only at the Bell House, but at most venues throughout the area.  Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards