Kentucky

Vendor Reviews--Lexington/Frankfort area

Just thought I'd share my vendor reviews from my wedding last month!

Reception Venue--Buffalo Trace Bourbon Distillery--A+
Coordinating with Candy and Nancy was super easy.  They quickly responded to phone calls/e-mails and were always very professional.  Nancy was present for my reception and available to direct guests, answer questions, and overall just make sure everything ran smooth.  She even let my husband and I into one of the warehouses; we got some awesome bourbon barrel pictures.  The grounds were beautifully manicured and the club house was clean.  My only complaint is that it was a little hot in the reception space (but it was in the 90s that day).

Caterer--South Van Events--A+
Sam and his staff were professional and so sweet.  The food was great and the drinks were strong.  His prices seemed fair and for a small fee they set up the entire reception space and cleaned everything up that night so we didn't have to worry about it.  I would definitely recommend South Van.

Cake--Tinkers--A++
We were SO happy with the cake.  It looked and tasted amazing.  Cameron and his wife truly listened to our ideas.  They even created a special bourbon cake with bourbon cream icing for one of our tiers to go with our reception venue!  EVERYTHING (multiple flavors, fillings, decorations, cake stand, etc.) is included in their price too.

Photographer--Ben Keeling--A++
Ben was outstanding!!!  We haven't received our photos yet, but I am sure they will be amazing.  He was so organized, creative, and fun to be around.  I highly recommend using him.

DJ--Matt Jaeger/Sounds Around Town--A
Matt kept the reception upbeat and fun.  He announced all the "main events" (e.g. first dance, cake cutting, etc.), but didn't spend a lot of time talking...which is exactly what I wanted!  The dancing music was great!  During dinner, I would have appreciated a little variation in the music...I felt like the same elevator-music type song played the entire time, but in Matt's defense, I was very go-with-the-flow and didn't give him much direction at all during pre-wedding meetings.  Overall, I would definitely use Matt again!

Florist--Kim Ballard Ross--A+
Kim works out of her home in Lexington.  She is super creative and so sweet.  It is evident she loves her job, values her clients, and is great at what she does!  I loved my bouquet and was very impressed with my centerpieces.

Rental Company--Purdons--A
I worked with Mary Ellen at Purdons, and she was very nice.  She worked with my budget and coordinated with my caterer and reception venue to coordinate delivery of our linens, chairs, and tableware.  The tablecloth on our cake table was a little wrinkly, but other than that everything was perfect.

MUA--Beauty by Bethany--A
Bethany arrived on time and was very calm and sweet.  My makeup looked flawless and my bridesmaids looked awesome! I was VERY pleased!  Bethany is pretty expensive, but she does amazing work.

Hair--Kathy/Colonial House of Beauty--A
Kathy from Colonial House of Beauty in Georgetown traveled to Frankfort to fix my hair for the wedding.  She also did my bridesmaids and MIL.  I loved her work.  My MOH looked so pretty I cried!  I wish we would have allotted a little more time for hair...Kathy worked a little slower than what she estimated, so we had to rush on my hair to stay on time.  However, I was very happy with her work!

Decorations--Events with Design--A
They hung my paper lanterns and returned after the reception to take them down.  The lanterns looked great!  Definitely worth the money.

We were really lucky and loved all of our vendors!  Hope this helps someone!

Re: Vendor Reviews--Lexington/Frankfort area

• edited December 2011
    AHH! I'm sooo glad that you posted this!  We're getting married at Buffalo Trace next July, so it's great to hear that you had an awesome experience.  I'm considering SouthVan for catering, and I'll have to check out your other vendors!

I may be PM'ing you with more questions/details!!! :-)

CONGRATULATIONS!
    Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary
  • inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    South Van is yummy.  I was at a wedding in Versailles last month and they were the caterers.  They had a grits station and the line was all southern food.  The mini Hot Browns were so good that I ate 12 of them I think! 

So glad that you had such a great day!
  • bnb2009bnb2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am in Georgetown and design wedding flowers from my home...10+ yrs experience. PM for more info. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards