December 2013 Weddings

First Dance

So FI is currently in Floida doing some work and I am still here in Texas where we currently live (will probably move to Fl soon :) ) and we were talking via google chat about our first dance and what song we were going to use as well as a few other important ones like the father/daughter and mother/son dances.

The youtube links were flying faster than frisbees at a dog park but nothing really seemed "right". Then I listened to Then by Brad Paisley. Now I've heard this song a million times and love the song but never really LISTENED to it. Not even halfway through I was in tears and I knew that this would be the song for our first dance. I sent him the link and he called me crying as well saying that if I tried to tell him that we would use any other song that he would tell the DJ to play this one anyways.

Just wanted to share that sweet moment :) oh and, and that we pick the song for our first dance!!!! Sealed

Have any of you ladies picked our your first dance song yet?

Re: First Dance

• I love that song, but we have never been big fans of Brad Paisley or we would use it! 

We honestly aren't dance people, ok, more him, so we have decided to forgo any dances as of now. We are still having a DJ though and a dance floor, so I guarantee I'll be doing some. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats on picking your first dance song! I love Paisley, but you can always find someone else who has covered any given song if it's a particular person you don't like. For cover band, I love Boyce Avenue. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • krickly09krickly09 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2012
    good choice, i love that song! my fiance doesnt like country at all, so im not sure what we will be going with. Although he wants to do Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd (sp?) for his mom and son dance. Im not really sure on my father daughter dance. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards