December 2013 Weddings
Options

Honeymoon

Has anyone started thinking of where they will be going for thier honeymoon?

Re: Honeymoon

• Options
    Yes, ours will be here in our state, so very local. :) 
    It's our favorite place to go, so we are just writing down a list of places to go while we are on it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FI and I have been thinking about taking a Disney Cruise. We are both still big kids at heart and with it being so close to the holidays (our wedding date is 12/01/13) that there won't be as many kids on the ship since they will be getting ready for winter break in schools.

How about you?
  • Options
    We are planning on going to New York City. It will be all decked out for the Christmas Holiday and I have never been. SO EXCITED!
  • Options
    We are thinking about doing Disney as well!! We will doing the parks though and thinking about splurging at a deluxe resort. We are big kids too : NY is beautiful at Christmas time...that's a fantastic idea!
  • Options
    We are going to Cabo.  My parents have a time share and a vacation program there.  The vacation program allows for a few other places as well, but we will most likely go with Cabo.  We want to go somewhere warm and that we don't want to do a ton of site seeing because we will just want to relax.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That sounds like fun. FI wanted to do the cruise and a few days at the parks but there is no way my job will let me be gone that long. I'm already going to be missing 8 days as is without the parks. His work doesn't care....lucky.

I wanted to go somewhere cold to really embrace the whole winter theme since I'm from Texas and we're lucky if it gets below freezing, but he is from Ohio so the last thing he wants is more cold. He says he moved to Texas to get away from the cold. So Disney cruise is something mutually agreeable :)

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_december-2013-weddings_honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:86fad5ed-d98c-49cb-bb5d-a1193bae6f18Discussion:62179a0c-5309-4059-aa54-b64279018cbfPost:22a86782-312a-46eb-ab67-b9c8d727237e">Re:Honeymoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are thinking about doing Disney as well!! We will doing the parks though and thinking about splurging at a deluxe resort. We are big kids too : NY is beautiful at Christmas time...that's a fantastic idea!
    Posted by dgrassey6502[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    We're thinking of staying close by where the wedding will be, as we are having a wedding out of our home state, but where a good bulk of our family will be. Theres a website that does house and condo rentals throughout the year, so we'll have some privacy, but more room than a hotel :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
     We will wait till Feburary till we get out tax refund back and take a cruise, not sure where to yet
    ** I don't believe that old cliche that good things come to those who wait. I think good things come to those who want something so bad they can't sit still **
  • Options
    We got engaged on a cruise down the west side of mexico.  Our wedding date is exactly two years from the day my FH proposed and then the next day we will leave for a 7 day cruise to the Bahamahs and the Virgin Islands.  We are way more excited about the honeymoon that the wedding.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_december-2013-weddings_honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:86fad5ed-d98c-49cb-bb5d-a1193bae6f18Discussion:62179a0c-5309-4059-aa54-b64279018cbfPost:aabd8fb1-52d2-4f8f-9625-0608271e7240">Re: Honeymoon</a>:
    [QUOTE] We will wait till Feburary till we get out tax refund back and take a cruise, not sure where to yet
    Posted by Kindachewy[/QUOTE]

We are doing the same thing! We want a beautiful island vacation so were pretty much sold on the Dominican Republic its actually pretty cheap!! especially since we live in TX our flights arent too much, and if we wait until April it will be off season so it would be the perfect time to go!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards