December 2013 Weddings

Weird posts in our board? Also, Colors/Themes?

Is it just me or was the Dec 2013 board used as a dumping ground for people posting on things that have NOTHING to do with Dec '13 or weddings?

On a Dec '13 Weddings topic, I am curious what colors/themes those of us that are planning a wedding like?

Re: Weird posts in our board? Also, Colors/Themes?

• I am hoping my FI will agree (we'll see when I get him to talk about wedding stuff) but the color scheme that I like is Ivory, Cranberry & Chocolate. That would also be the theme; with cranberries and chocolate incorporated throughout.
  • I was thinking the same thing about the dumping posts here that have nothing to do with December 2013.  It made me a little confused when I first came to this board.  As for the colors and themes I think we will have red, blue, and purple colors, probably dark.  As for themes, we both go to school in chicago so I think we will incorporate some of that in with tables numbers and such.  Your theme/colors sounds beautiful and delicious!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That's sweet. Are you guys getting married in Chicago or outside the metro area?

• We are going to try for Chicago.  We are on a budget though so we'll have to see how expensive things get.  If we can't afford it in the city we will most likely have it in our hometown in Ohio.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • well, if most of your guests are in the Ohio area I would say keep it there (cause I'll bet everyone except the super rich are on a budget). Plus if most of them haven't been to chicago then you could give them a little piece of it. Name tables after favorite chicago haunts, maybe incorporate some chicago foods (don't know if deep dish pizza or chicago dogs are gonna clash with your theme but maybe some mini ones for cocktail hour or something) - then again if most of your invite list is from Chicago then it could be better to just head there. - Not that you asked for ideas, I just can't help myself when I think of stuff. :)

• We're going with a winter themed wedding. So colors to be White, Silver, and Blue. We moved to Wyoming 2 years ago, but are having our wedding in the Seattle area, as that is where we are originally from, and where most of our family is. We're going to try to incorporate snow into our theme, since in Wy, we have snow almost from Halloween to Easter. 

I love the colors you mentioned, cranberry with chocolate brown. LOVE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Cranberry and Chocolate sound amazing! We thought about using red but it's too "chiristmas-y" for our taste since it will be right around the holiday. I guess we just thought it was too expected or traditional for Dec. We are going with Teal and Brown and will have small superhero embellishments. FI won't let me go too far with the superhero thing though which is probably for the best. I will have a batman garter though and will probably sneak small batman decorations here and there for fun. See if anyone notices and uploads pics to our site. (we are planning a photo scavenger hunt of sorts for the guests that want to participate)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards