Missouri-St Louis

RECEPTION DECORATION

we are having a hard time deciding on what to do for the centerpieces for the reception. We decided to do a cheap design. we are gathering tons of candle holders (short and tall). we are doing some that match some that dont. We are def. going to have one tall one on each table and 4-5 small votives around it. I want to somehow add height to the centerpiece. I am trying to think of a way to stagger that height of the smaller votives. ANY ideas?

Re: RECEPTION DECORATION

• edited December 2011
    You could get some wood blocks from a hardwood store and wrap them in gift paper you like or paint them with craft paint.  Just make sure you prime them first if you paint them.  You could do the paper/paint in patterns that match your wedding day or just the colors.  If you can find or cut small blocks that will hold just one candle holder to kinda have three and four teirs, depending on how many holders you are doing at each table. Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    What about clear acrylic boxes like you get from Hobby Lobby or something like that so the light from the candles bounces? They'll be see through and not distract from the candles. They have them in different sizes. Also, you can try bulk candy stores and party store too. They usually have them. I like Hobby Lobby because they always have great sales and you can usually go on their website and print off a coupon. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards