Missouri-St Louis

The Ultimate Bride??

I've read many negative reviews of The Ultimate Bride, has anyone had a good experience looking for a bridal gown at this shop? Thanks!

Re: The Ultimate Bride??

• MeShell841MeShell841 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I tried on dresses there.  It was fine really.  Nothing special.  The lady that helped me was nice.  She let us look around through the dresses on our own.  She wasn't too pushy or anything.  I did have a friend who ordered her dress from there and it was a huge headache.  It came in WAY later than they said it would.  Then when she went in for her final fitting the dress didn't fit.  She literally picked up her dress the day before her wedding.  They were nice about it and it all worked out but it was a pain.  It was about 2 years ago or so, so who knows how it is now?
  • edited December 2011
    I had a friend get married in Oct. 08 who bought her dress there and loved it.  She didn't have any issues at all, one of her BMs did, because she made her bms have trains and they messed up her BM's bustle during alterations, but otherwise things went smoothly for them.  Her dress was really beautiful- all lace, and very well tailored.
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • NaniMekanaNaniMekana member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting my dress there! I had a great experience and felt at home. Megan helped me and she is very knowledgable about all the dresses, she finds out what you like and dont like and comes up with ideas that you didn't even think about. I came in with a lot of pictures and told her what i like and didn't like and she said that she has an idea for a dress that she thought I might like and it was beautiful! It was the first one I tried on and I couldn't stop thinking about it. They will do alterations there and hold the dress until your big day. Plus, they have a great alterations staff and if you bring in something to add to your dress or veil, they will add it for you. There is one lady there that I didn't like, kind of older and she was trying to tell me to keep the flowers on my dress but they looked horrible; plus i'm not a flower person, but the flowers were stationed right on the butt. If you go there ask for Megan. but all the others are kind and very helpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards