Missouri-St Louis

IL brides--baker needed

My BF/MOH mom is currenty supposed to be making our cake,  but she is having a lot of health issues.  We are looking for a backup plan in case she is unable to make our cake.  Any suggestions?  Our reception is in Albers, IL.
Anniversary

Re: IL brides--baker needed

• shawna77inilshawna77inil member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our reception is in Dupo and we are using Patty Cakes in Highland.  At the tasting, the cake was BEYOND wonderful, and they use acrylic supports in their cakes so that you don't end up with a cake tasting like wood from the dowel rods.  They were right in line with all of the other bakeries that I saw as far as price.  Their prices have come up slightly since we booked them, but so have everyone else's, so.  I would definitely recommend them, and they'll deliver just about anywhere as far as I could tell.  
  • mrs.hutch2bemrs.hutch2be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    10th Street Bakery in Belleville is amazing!
  • jlk0219jlk0219 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard great things about Artistry on Cakes in Belleville.  I would call Patty's ASAP if you're interested- they book up fast.
  • kkniepmannkkniepmann member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sweetest Things is a new bakery in Greenville, IL. I booked them b/c they were about 1/2 the price of Patty Cakes and the cake was wonderful! She doesnt charge extra for fillings and will work with any design you have in mind. Super helpful and super good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards