Missouri-St Louis

Belleville Wedding Help!!

I'm not sure if I'm in the right place or not, but I need help!  I live in Fort Worth, Texas and was planning a wedding here for March 19, 2010.  Two weeks ago my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer.  Due to her intense Chemo treatment schedule followed by surgery and completed with radiation treatments, we have decided it would be easier on her and the 'family' to have the wedding in my mom's hometown of Belleville, IL on November 21 (I think).Can anyone tell me anything about Panorama Banquet Hall?  Any other recommendations?We would LOVE one-stop shopping and will be having a small event - about 50-75 guests.Any other vendor reqs would be appreciated as well.  We having NOTHING but my dress at this point...and of course, are on a budget.TIA!!!

Re: Belleville Wedding Help!!

• mickylvr1mickylvr1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to Panorama before for a wedding. It's very nice. It would be perfect for your size. I don't remember the food, because this was several years ago. As for a florist, I am using Ahner Florist from New Baden. Dawn is awesome and she came in with the lowest price. I also really liked Bob's Flower Shop in Belleville. She was super sweet and a lot of fun, just out of our budget. DJ--I have heard good things about Night Magic. We thought about them, but decided to go with someone we know. Another good website is stlwed.com. Those girls are super helpful.
    Anniversary

• .:Lucy:..:Lucy:. member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I am so sorry to hear about your mom.  I can't imagine the stress you are under right now. I have been to events at Panorama and its ok.  However, if you are using the large banquet room which you wouldn't need for a small event, you can hear the bowling alley that is right above the banquet room.  The small room is nice though.  The food isn't anything to write home about.  Some other options in Belleville are Fischers, Bellecourt Manor, and the Lincoln Jug.  If any of these places let you bring in your own caterer, I recommend Nonna's catering.  I used them for my wedding and their food is SO good and super affordable.I used Eckert's florist in Belleville.  They are kind of pricey in my opinion but their flowers are stunning.  I cannot speak highly enough for my photographer, ikandiphotography.  She is located in St. Louis but I'm pretty sure she would come to Belleville.  My wedding pictures are amazing, and she is really affordable.If you need anything else, feel free to page me on this board!
  • shawna77inilshawna77inil member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there a number of years ago, and it was very nice.  My Dad went to a reception there just a couple of weekends ago and was very pleased with it.  He said that it was very professional all the way around.I am ordering my flowers online through Proflowers.  They had the best prices for us and my one insistence through this entire process was that we have real flowers.  (Super laid back bride here... there are very few things that I am insistent on. LoL)  They were by FAR the most inexpensive I found and they will ship them to you, your parents, your venue, wherever you choose so that they go wherever you need them to be.We are using a bakery in Highland.  I wouldn't say they are any less expensive than anywhere else, but the quality was much better than anywhere else that we tried.  It is called Patty Cakes and we have been very happy with them. You could get bridesmaids dresses at David's Bridal.  Since they are all over the country, your wedding party can shop anywhere and all still match. I can't really offer many ideas on venues.  We are going through our local Knights of Columbus hall.  The price is beyond fantastic ($10.50 per person including soda, tea and coffee, with an ice sculpture to boot!) and the food is really good, but most people nowadays for whatever reason don't like to go that route.  They do, however, offer a full service deal with the DJ, cake, food, everything down to an open bar if you want it..  It might be something to look into if you're on a really strict budget.  I've also heard that Fischer's is nice, but they are quite expensive.  We weren't able to get her, but Larissa from Larissa Photography came highly recommended to me.  I'm not sure what her prices are, but she takes GORGEOUS pictures.  She was already booked 11 months before our date, so she must be doing something right!!  LoL  Her website is the same as her business name.I can't think of any other things to tell you right this second, but please do feel free to toss questions around the board!  I was born and raised in Belleville and the surrounding area, and I would be more than happy to help you in any way that I can. Good luck in your planning and I hope your Mom makes a full and fast recovery!   
  • mickylvr1mickylvr1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bell Court Manor is very nice.  I've been to a few things there and it was always nice each time I went.  I remember the food there being good too.
    Anniversary

• FutureMrs.NMRFutureMrs.NMR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks so much ladies for your feedback!!  Any input is very appreciated and helpful.  We are on a tight budget and have NOTHING and the wedding is in like 120 days.... At least I'll be in town the first week of September to take care of my mom after chemo treatment number 3 so i should also be able to finalize some things. Keep the suggestions coming!  Oh, does anyone know of nice places in the Fairview Heights area?  That is also an option for me.
  • Cipolla2BeCipolla2Be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there!  I am very sorry to hear about your mom.  I hope her treatment .surgery goes well.  As for vendors I have been to an event at Panorama but it wasn't a wedding, it was okay.  I know Fischers and Bellecourt Manor were mentioned and those are really nice.  They also have really good food.  The last event I went to at the Bellecourt was a dinner and they were kind of pricey, so I'm thinking Fischers is more reasonable.  As far as a florist I am using Eckert Florist and I LOVE their flowers/arrangements.  Great service as well.  But there is also Bob's flower shop in Belleville.  As far as cake we are using 10th Street Bakery but there is also Mallo's Bakery and Artistry On Cakes and all are in Belleville.  As a Dj we are using Over the Top but I have also heard good/mixed things about Night Magic.  And finally for our photographer we are using Megan Thiele http://www.meganthiele.com/who is very reasonable and a sweetheart.  Goodluck with everything!!!  Hope this helps. :)
  • jlk0219jlk0219 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So sorry to hear about your mom!  What a tough thing to go through at what should be a happy time for you!  I was also born and raised in Belleville though I don't know how much help I'll be since I'm planning a wedding in St. Louis. I haven't been to a wedding at Panorama, but I was there several years ago for my high school's after prom party. It was okay, but you could definitely tell it was a bowling alley. Bellecourt is very nice but can also be pricey- and they may be booked since it's a popular place in Bville. I would check out the Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows located on Hwy 15.  They have banquet packages and it's very pretty. I would also check out local K of C and VFW Halls- they may still be available. My mom went to a wedding last summer at the one in Caseyville on highway 157 (I can't remember if it's a K of C or a VFW hall) but she said it was very pretty and good food.  Since you're having such a small wedding I would definitely check into restaurants that have banquet rooms... since it's so soon you may have to choose a place that doens't have a dj.  I ended up booking a "nontraditional" hall that is actually more of a restaurant- I didn't even know they had a banquet room, so try to think outside the box a bit. As far as cakes, I would check into Artistry on Cakes and 10th Street Baking Co.  Patty's in Highland is most certainly booked already for your date. I'm getting married in Oct. and when I called several months ago they were already booked- they are very popular around here.  I also have a friend who's just starting out making cakes and I could give you her contact info.  I would also check out Molto Bella Photography. My friend just used her for her pics were amazing.  MoltoBellaPhotography.com and she also is on Facebook under the same name.  HTH a little bit!
  • shawna77inilshawna77inil member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second the suggestion on the Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows.  We are having our rehearsal dinner there and they are VERY reasonable.  Granted, we aren't using their sound system or anything, but for dinner it is costing about $20 person, half that for kids 5-12 and kids under 5 are totally free.  If you'd like their number, I have all their information here and would be happy to toss is your way.  I went there for lunch the other day and stuck my head into the room we have reserved, and it looked really nice!!  Definitely somewhere to keep in mind.  :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards