Missouri-St Louis
Options

Wedding Hair

Hey ladies, I was wondering if anyone had input of good, affordable hair stylists for the bride and wedding party for the big day?  I'm not sure where to begin looking.  Also, what about makeup?  Thanks so much.

Re: Wedding Hair

• Options
    Jesie85Jesie85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, what about budget friendly flower places around st.louis, illinois area?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having Kelly Hurley from Changes Salon in South County do my hair it's $50 if you come to her if she comes to you its based on the mileage and she can just do you or your whole wedding party. She's really great!! You can't go wrong with her!! As for makeup I would go to MAC and talk to someone there or someone from a make up counter or Mary Kay. Hope this helps at all?!
  • Options
    mickylvr1mickylvr1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For makeup I am using Erin Moore. She charges $60 for the bride which is about the cheapest I could find.  Her website is musicandmakeup.blogspot.com.I am using Ahner Florist in New Baden for my flowers.  I also really like Bob's flower shop in Belleville, but they were out of my budget.
    Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    For floral suggestions- try Schnuck's Focus on Design. They did an unbelievable job for us and were $700 less than the next quoted price.
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • Options
    shawna77inilshawna77inil member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going to get our hair done by a woman that my mom recommended.  They don't travel, but they are only charging me $25 per adult for updos and $10 per child.  The place is called Mystique and it is in Belleville.  The woman we started out talking with is Melissa, but it's her mom's shop and she will be the one doing my hair.  She did an AMAZING job, especially for the price.  She is also opening early for us so that we can all be done and out the door by noon.  For makeup we are using Mane Attraction out of Collinsville.  They do travel and are charging us $50 per person for makeup, mine will be free.  We are going with the airbrush makeup.  I figured we could spend a little more on makeup since we were stealing our hairdos.  LoLFor flowers we went through Proflowers.  We got a 36 piece package with red and white roses for $1100.  The bouquets were gorgeous and had alot of flowers in them.  They sell a number of different packages of every size for every need.  I thought we did really well and the flowers will be here on Thursday, still closed, so they will be fresher than any flowers I could dream of getting from a florist.  I have seen too many wilted and nasty flowers in pictures to risk it with the kind of money that is spent on a floral budget.  Hope this helps you!  Have a great weekend.    
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using $100 bouquet for our wedding flowers. Sandra is pretty amazing!!! She can really work within your budget and she's near downtown St. Louis so she can deliver pretty cheap depending on where you're getting married. As for hair and makeup I am using Danielle Erb who owns Danielle Style because I have heard so many wonderful things about her and all her brides look amazing. She is more expensive but she specializes in bridal hair/makeup so she really knows what she's doing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a list of about 20 salons... finding a salon was the hardest part of the prep work... three that I could think ofFace and Body Spa - Chesterfield: Lindsay does an awesome job.Dealing with the wedding coordinator lady wasn't the funnest thing. Dominic Michael Salon: Ashley did a so-so job just way to many fly aways Salon St. Louis: I had 3 trials and the hair just did not stay up after an hour.  So I don't recommend them but Matthew is awesome at cutting and styling hair. Make upHands Down Face and Body Spa - Trish Salon St. Louis also does a great job - I forget the girls name but she specializes in natural look (not smokey) Florists - Rileys florist (located downtown) he get his flowers directly so he has unbeatable prices.  If your looking to get the best deal stay away from Flower Row (Walter Knoll, etc) they over charge.
  • Options
    jlk0219jlk0219 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Illusions Color Spa off Telegraph Rd. for my hair and my BM's hair. I just had my trial on Saturday and couldn't be happier. My stylist (Katie) asked lots of questions, was fast, and it came out just how I wanted. They charge $50 for BM hair and $70 for bride's hair.For makeup I'm using Holly Speakes of ProColour Cosmetics and am very happy with her. She charges $40 for makeup and will do airbrush foundation for an extra $25. False eyelashes are $5 extra. She also does hair but I'm not sure about the pricing.I decided to DIY my flowers. I've ordered roses, mini callas, and greenery through freshroses.com and will be assembling our flowers the day before the wedding. For just over $400 we're getting flowers to make 4 bouquets, 7 bouts, one large flower arrangement, and 10 buckets filled with flowers for the ceremony aisle. You could do it for cheaper but I ordered mini callas which are an expensive flower.  My friend used Dierbergs for her wedding flowers and I would not recommend them. She paid about $650 for 5 bouquets, several bouts, and a few corsages (no flower arrangements) and the roses and alstomeria had brown and wilted edges on them. They were pretty looking but far too overpriced for obviously aging flowers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards