Missouri-St Louis

what a nightmare

Does anyone have any suggestion I feel like I'm back at square one in finding a good affordable photographer. Wedding is May 29 2010, I feel I need to book something soonI fell in love with a photographer in July for $650 . .  but my fiance were having to move to Nebraska the same week for his work. Just figured I'd book her after we moved. Hopped online to make the payment now that everything has calmed down and now she cost $950 for her basic package. . . .I'm completely devastated. . . . she was a huge find and now its gone . . . .

Re: what a nightmare

• edited December 2011
    Most Photographers that I have seen with that low of pricing have been pretty amateur. Unfortanatly you get what your pay for most of the time =( Look at it like this, the Photos are the only thing you will have for the rest of your life so it pays off to spend a little more on that than other things IMO. The cheapest Photog we met with was around 800.00 for 5 hours. We ended up booking i Kandi Photography and they have different packages and i think have a design your own for 150/hr or something around there. Good luck to you. Did you try to email the other Photog and see if maybe she would give you the old price?Maybe try to talk to her?
  • ilythiailythia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks, yah I emailed her tonight. .. well see what happens I highly doubt she will give me the old price. . . . I just found another photographer on the knots suggestions for the area and found one that might be in my price range?  She just has her wedding minnimum on the site so who knows but I really like her style!  crossing my fingers something work out this late in the game.  At least my flowers and location will be perfect. . .I really want good photos though. I love looking at old photos. . . I'm the one in my family that has been in charge of organizing old photos and putting them in albums cause I actually enjoy it. Thanks again for the help!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure who you were wanting to use, but my photographer also starts at $950, which is pretty reasonable when you compare. They did my friend's wedding last spring and they did an awesome job. Here is their website, www.stl-photographer.com . Good Luck with everything!
  • abzegzabzegz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our photographer is extremely reasonable, we booked during a promotion she was doing plus we are having a Friday wedding, which knocks more money off.  But it would be worth looking into.  Her name is Regina Grossenbacher and her company is Fresh Photo.  www.freshphotosbyregina.com    
  • edited December 2011
    Try Bob Freukes with Personal Touch Portraits.  He did my best friends wedding on 08-08-08 and he was great to work with.  All of his packags start at $600, you only put down a $200 deposit and the rest is paid when you get your proofs.  I loved his pictures, he is not an amateur- and I will be using him for my wedding.  His website is ptportraits.comI can't say enough good things about him!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 320 Invited so far!
    image 156 Are ready to party!
    image 54 Will be missing out!
    image 110 Are MIA!
  • edited December 2011
    Gehrs Photography..... http://www.gehrsphotography.com/ All day Coverage for 795!
  • kma212skma212s member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also using www.stl-photographer.com and have been thrilled so far. The lowest package starts at $950 but includes unlimited hours and all the photos on a high res cd with copyright release.
  • kdbisopkdbisop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also using www.stl-photographer.com for our photographs. Her pictures are beautiful and she is very reasonable.
  • jlk0219jlk0219 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also try looking on Craigs list for photogs just starting out. Do you have any friends who do photography as a hobby and have a nice camera?  You can also look for students who are willing to do work to build their portfolios.  $650 seems like an awfully low budget to work with for quality photos. In my experience all the ones around that price range did low quality work, so you may want to think about going a "non traditional" route.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards