Missouri-St Louis

Help Rustic chic venues? Natural but Regal

Looking for an all in one venue outdoor preferred but indoor is fine that is budget friendly, for around 125 people.
No unfinished barn looks. Natural wood welcome.
My family lives in North St. Louis County, so I'd like it to be somewhat nearby. But I'm open.

Here's the kicker must allow outside catering and alcohol, not per person.

I'm looking into a park pavillion in st. Ann, but most don't seem nice enough to transform into a real non picnic space. I've also looked into the Nature Lodge at Sunset Park... Perfect but too small!! : I don't want cookie cutter ballrooms.
Help!

Re: Help Rustic chic venues? Natural but Regal

• Did you check out Kuhs farm? or the butterfly house? 
  • YinkaMariaYinkaMaria member
    First Comment
    edited September 2012
    I'm checking out kuhs farm but as I understand it, the main indoor venue rain as a worst case, is the barn. I haven't called yet to find out any other options. I'd definitely like some sort of shelter for the reception, or at least the option. Butterfly house is currently out, a close friend recently got married there. I liked it but also thought it was a bit far for my guests to drive. Think it took me almost an hour to get there.
  • edited October 2012
    I second Kuhs farm...or the larimore plantation.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah, it seems Kuhs is one of my only options. Thanks for the suggestions. Anyone know of any indoor venues that are budget friendly with character? Wood beams, hardwoods, etc. My colors all bright, with Teal being the main color. Liked some of the rooms at SLU but the carpet was all blue and gold!
  • We re having our reception at the Schlafly Tap Room in the Club Room. Seats about 120 and is all wood floors and wood beams, etc. and brick.
    543348_480773691944678_1919010228_n
  • Quail Ridge Lodge its in Wentzville. Rent is under $1000, and you get the lodge table, chairs,and use of grounds around it. I am looking for the same thing you are and it be though. Kuhs farm i don't think has bathrooms, there website said you had to provide sanitation faculties, and no outside catering and alcohol unless they are insured. That's what we liked about Quail Ridge, all they ask is no hard liquor wine and beer only. I am still up in the air about the distance and it is a blank slat.
  • YinkaMariaYinkaMaria member
    First Comment
    edited October 2012
    Thanks, Amandaorgan, I've heard lots of people speak of this venue, and I'll check it out!
  • To Coxjc, thanks for info on Kuhs, and on Quail Ridge. That is definitely a deal breaker about the bathrooms, depending up my having to rent other things, like a tent. I'm not really looking at the barn venue. Quail ridge looked great but my family is going to want hard liquor. Mixed drinks will be most of what people want. My options seem to be shrinking...! Anyone know of any private home type venues that might work? And I'm still very open to a nicer pavilion ? Please suggestions!
  • This place is GORGEOUS!  They seemed like nice folks, too.  The only thing that worried me was there was no weather contigency, and we are getting married in October.  With my luck, it will snow!  You should totally check them out.

http://www.thelalumondiere.com/
  • looking for a nice venue in Saint Louis area
  • I totally get what you're looking for. I've checked out several of the places you mentioned and the one that met my needs perfectly was Kuhs Farm. It has rustic and wonderful barn style, gorgeous outdoor spaces and they let you work with whatever vendors you want. I didn't work out for us because their Saturdays in October are already booked but I loves, loved, loved the space and the feel! I hope that's helpful to another bride :
  • I looked at Butterfly House too and loved it but we live in the downtown St. Louis area and Kuhs was closer. We're also going to check out availability in some of the parks.:
  • Didn't they get shut down. We had friends that booked there last year and they ended up having to cancel because since its on the river, it went underwater. What about Forest Park of you like being near water?
  • In Response to <a href="http://stlouis.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-st-louis_budget-rustic-chic-venues-natural-but-regal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:87Discussion:2573cebb-e249-4f6d-a2a3-a9419dbf103bPost:1de7abd3-1521-4e6a-9ccb-f188f49caf62">Help Rustic chic venues? Natural but Regal</a>:
    [QUOTE]Looking for an all in one venue outdoor preferred but indoor is fine that is budget friendly, for around 125 people.
    No unfinished barn looks. Natural wood welcome.
    My family lives in North St. Louis County, so I'd like it to be somewhat nearby. But I'm open.

Here's the kicker must allow outside catering and alcohol, not per person.

I'm looking into a park pavillion in st. Ann, but most don't seem nice enough to transform into a real non picnic space. I've also looked into the Nature Lodge at Sunset Park... Perfect but too small!! : I don't want cookie cutter ballrooms.
    Help!
    Posted by YinkaMaria[/QUOTE]

You might check out <a href="http://www.facebook.com/HaueValley." rel="nofollow">www.facebook.com/HaueValley.</a> I think it will meet many of the things you are looking for. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards