Missouri-St Louis
Options

Postcard stamps for RSVP cards

We're doing postcards for our RSVP cards. They're simpler and cheaper all around. The only problem is that I can't find any postcard stamps that are wedding appropriate. I've looked at usps.com and called two local post offices. They all have the same ones with polar bears on them. I don't want to get the wedding themed stamps that are 44 cents for my RSVP cards. When you're sending almost 200 invites you need to save all the money you can. Did anyone else have this problem? What did you do? Are there any better options or should I just buy the bear stamps and deal with it?

Re: Postcard stamps for RSVP cards

• Options
    leighinstlleighinstl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

And just to clarify, I don't necessarily require postcard stamps that are wedding-themed. I would just like to find some that are more wedding appropriate than polar bears. Maybe flowers or something.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Go to zazzle.com, and you can pick from theknot.com options or design your own.  I designed stamps for our outer envelopes, but I used "The Simpsons" for our RSVPs :)
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world... is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." -Lester Banks, Almost Famous
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It looks like the polar bears are the only .28 available.

You can go the zazzle route but you'll probably pay more than .44 each for the custom .28 stamps.  

I'd just deal with it- no polar bears may not be the picture of romance but trust me, no one cares but you.  We used wedding stamps on the outside of our invites and funny stamps on the inside that my H picked out for the RSVP cards.  No one said anything.
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had polar bears on mine and it wasn't a big deal. I thought about doing personalized stamps but that just wasn't cost effective. We sent out over 200 invites too. I will warn you though that postage is going up in April and the stamps are going to be .29
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes the dreaded polar bears. If you search on here or weddingbee, there are posts going back more than 2 years ago about these stamps - they are the only postcards stamps that the post office offers. It's not wedding appropriate, but I'm sure people won't think you WANTED the polar bears, and they will realize that was your only option. If they even notice at all...
  • Options
    leighinstlleighinstl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! I think I'm sticking with the polar bears. I looked into the custom options and they're just too expensive. It's ridiculous. At least our color is blue and the polar bears are blue. But how weird is it that they only have one postcard stamp option? That's so strange.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used the polar bear stamps on my RSVP postcards. Honestly, I don't think any of my guests noticed them. 

They were all too busy commenting on how beautiful the invites were and how it looked like it was hand delivered.

Congratulations! and Happy Planning!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards