Missouri-St Louis
Options

Is negotiating ok?

Is it ever ok to negotiate at a hotel venue?  For example, to ask for certain perks to be included or for extra time, etc?

About to go into a hotel I REALLY like for a second time and don't know if the estimated quote should be taken as is, or should I try to push it a little...just a little...
;-)

Thanks for your opinions!

Re: Is negotiating ok?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It never hurts to try. For me, I asked for things that I didnt like so much in my package to be substituted for something else. She also told us that if the party goes long, they rarely "kick people out", we'd just have pay for consumption with the bar costs if we go over our alotted open bar time. Just make sure you get all that in writing once you decide to put a deposit down and sign a contract.
    Photobucket Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree that it never hurts to ask.

I got my room set up fee waived and specifically discussed with them not charging the service gratuity on the room rental and services that we had separate from catering and drinks (ie: lights, sound, display boards).  Those 2 things saved me about $3,000.

We also got a free night in the suite for every night the room block was booked (ended up being 3 nights- our wedding party alone filled the block), which was a convenient HQ for wedding supplies and a place to hang out while others were taking care of other things.  
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • Options
    bridetobemobridetobemo member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I mean the worst they can say is no, you never know until you ask!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely no harm in trying!  And, you just might get some extras!

So, did you give it a try?  How did it go??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards