Missouri-St Louis
Options

Church/Ceremony Site in South County or Arnold Area

We (actually I!) have been looking for a church (or another indoor ceremony site) in the Arnold/South County area and I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.  I don't know too much about the area still; I am from Illinois and am a member to a church there.  My sister just got married there a few weeks ago and it was $300 since we are members.  My FI is from the Pevely/Festus area.  The reception is in Columbia, IL since that is pretty much the center meeting point for both of our familes.  He doesn't belong to any churches and wants the ceremony to be in Missouri since the reception is in Illinois.  I agreed since that is the fair thing to do.  Problem is, we are having a hard time finding anything!  I checked with one church and they wanted over $800 just to use their church.  I personally can't see spending that much!  We are not opposed to having the ceremony someplace other than a church.  He mentioned a park like JB Park or a few others.  I'm just afraid of that in case of bad weather; so indoors would be ideal.  Am I being too picky or am I just missing some obvious places?!  Any help or direction would be awesome!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Church/Ceremony Site in South County or Arnold Area

• Options
    JaymeOvermannJaymeOvermann member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used a company called Event Planning & Wedding Creations. They were able to find my venue. It was perfect!! I remember they had a few located in Webster Groves and you didn't have to be a member. 314-892-8401
    They did charge me $75.00 but will worth it. They worked with me from the time I talked to them to our wedding day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you having your reception at the Falls?  I have friends who got married at the Lutheran church across the street (not sure what they paid), and it was very convenient.  Does your reception space have room for a ceremony?
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world... is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." -Lester Banks, Almost Famous
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards