Missouri-St Louis

Venue for outdoor reception and selfcatering (50 guests)

Hello

My SO and I are both students getting married while still in school and on a budget of 1k total for the reception (yikes!). To keep costs down we're doing a lot of DIY, having a very intimate reception, and self catering. 

Does anyone know of a outdoor location that's in or close to STL, isn't very expensive, and will allow self catering? Some ideas we've had are state parks and county parks but I'm afraid that would seem tacky or too cheap. I would like to preserve some air of elegance. We would like a garden or foresty feel for our medieval themed weddding.

We would have loved a backyard wedding but neither of us have access to a backyard large enough.

Please list rental fees if you know them :)

Re: Venue for outdoor reception and selfcatering (50 guests)

• We are thinking about doing the same thing. Depending on your date I saw carondelet park has a super cute pavilion but they only reserve through September.
    image 165 Asked to join at our big day.
    image 7 Are coming; cameras in hand ready to party!
    image 5 Are missing out on the fun.
    image 153 Haven't found the mail box back to us.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited March 2013
    Have you considered adding a candy buffet to your reception? I own a full service candy bar company, if interested! Candy bars/buffets are a fun and unique alternative to traditional wedding favors. I provide everything needed, and will drop off and setup the bar at any location. www.pod-candy.com
  • consider St. Jordan Creek Winery.  It's new, just 45 minutes west of St. Louis out I-44.  It has reasonable rates, very charming and encourages self catered weddings.  The only detail is all wine, beer and other alcohol must be bought from the winery.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards