Ohio-Columbus

Venue Help Please

Hi Im new to the knot and Im having difficulty finding a venue that is budget friendly. By budget friendly I mean with catering included No more than $4000. All the venues I've looked up want you to spend a minimum that is way over my budget. If possible I would like for my reception and venue to be at the same location. My wedding size is 75 - 100 people and Im looking to get married summer 2014. (am i preparing to early?? : /  )

Re: Venue Help Please

• I am in the same boat as you. I am getting married july 19 2014 and I think you are right on track with planning. Ive looked at it as it gives us more time to go through all the details and eliminate some options. As far as the budget thing goes thats all I feel like I am doing is eliminating options rather than finding options in my budget. Hopefully well get some more guidance from this post.
  • Cheers and Lakeside Chalet the minimum is $5000. I dont know if thats to much, but i know the venue was what blew my budget. :/ but im so glad i chose the lakeside building... its perfect for what we wanted!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_venue-help-please-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:d43f1197-c3ac-4d7c-97f6-503deaea9c0ePost:f3d05a19-d6f6-4a52-9ae4-0c15889a0120">Re: Venue Help Please</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am in the same boat as you. I am getting married july 19 2014 and I think you are right on track with planning. Ive looked at it as it gives us more time to go through all the details and eliminate some options. As far as the budget thing goes thats all I feel like I am doing is eliminating options rather than finding options in my budget. Hopefully well get some more guidance from this post.
    Posted by JLDevaney[/QUOTE]

Good Im glad Im not the only one planning so far ahead. Im glad Im trying to get some things settled now instead of later because I know Ill stress myself out in the end if I dont. Good luck to you!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_venue-help-please-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:d43f1197-c3ac-4d7c-97f6-503deaea9c0ePost:a19013fa-7c8c-4ff0-b01f-8794f11aa6db">Re: Venue Help Please</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cheers and Lakeside Chalet the minimum is $5000. I dont know if thats to much, but i know the venue was what blew my budget. :/ but im so glad i chose the lakeside building... its perfect for what we wanted!
    Posted by dani1361[/QUOTE]

I looked this place up and I really like it. I'll put it on my list thanks. I would love to have a place that looks amazing and be able to be a nice backdrop in my pictures. But I think I rather put most of my money towards food and entertainment. Is that bad? I will start calling around and visting places reall soon.
  • We booked with the Makoy Center, they have a minimum in their two big rooms at night but we booked an afternoon wedding and saved quite a bit of money.  They have no minimum just a room rental fee.  This is just an option also you might want to check on Frdiay night rates to save money as well.
  • dani1361dani1361 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2013
    yeah, i know they have open houses every month. And the 5000 is used towards food, decorations, soda, anything like that. i know were having aound 85 people and food is going to run about 3000, so after ceremony and reception fee we still have around 1200 to play with. it sounds like a lot but it goes along way! let me know if you need any thing else. I have a few vendors that worked with my budget and can give you their info, so you dont stray to far from budget! :)

oh and were also doing a friday night wedding, which is saving us around 1600 with all of our vendors! :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_venue-help-please-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:d43f1197-c3ac-4d7c-97f6-503deaea9c0ePost:572ec755-1464-432d-ac64-a6dea4221253">Re: Venue Help Please</a>:
    [QUOTE]We booked with the Makoy Center, they have a minimum in their two big rooms at night but we booked an afternoon wedding and saved quite a bit of money.  They have no minimum just a room rental fee.  This is just an option also you might want to check on Frdiay night rates to save money as well.
    Posted by tlafol[/QUOTE]

I looked at the Makoy Center and I feel in love but the minimum is what pushed me away.  I wasnt planning on a night wedding so thats good the only thing is I was planning for a Sat. wedding. Although after thinking and more over thinking I might change to a Friday night if it could save me money. Thank you for the information.
  • Look up dock580 if you're into more urban/vintage settings! They have a courtyard for ceremonies and the location is beautiful! The minimum however is $5000 which is about 75 people. The staff are SO friendly and super helpful with planning!!
  • I did not like the minimums either, was so glad the owner mentioned an afternoon wedding, which we did not think of until he said somehting.  I did not check prices for Friday but I would think they would be less.  Call and speak with Kaitlyn or George about pricing and other options.

I looked at the Makoy Center and I feel in love but the minimum is what pushed me away.  I wasnt planning on a night wedding so thats good the only thing is I was planning for a Sat. wedding. Although after thinking and more over thinking I might change to a Friday night if it could save me money. Thank you for the information.
    Posted by msright14[/QUOTE]
  • hansen207hansen207 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2013
    Is that the pricing for venue and food and everything? Is it cheaper on a friday evening perhaps?
  • I would check out Tony's restaurant. Great spot for indoor and out door wedding and new redid his upstairs.
  • I am not sure the area you want to stay in but the Bryn Du Mansion in Granville is gorgeous. I had a friend get married there and she loved it. It is just the space so she chose the caterer she wanted, and she got married on the front steps of the mansion and had the reception inside the mansion so it was really convenient. Take a look at their website, the pictures are really pretty. 
  • Thanks for all the help ladies we have finally settled on a place. Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards