Missouri-St Louis
Options

Reception Site Help

Has anyone been to or had a wedding at any of the following:

Neo on Locust
Coronado
Moulin

Any other suggestions/advice are greatly appreciated!  I have apprx 300 guests and it is a winter wedding!

Re: Reception Site Help

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The Coronado building or the Coronado Ballroom?
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Been to a wedding at the Coronado. It is really beautiful.  I thought it was nice, but not that nice for the price. But can easily accomodate 300 guests.

Moulin is very nice. It is reasonable and can accomodate your guest count. 

Have never been to an event at NEO on Locust, but I did view it as a possible venue for my reception. I think it can hold up to 300 people. But, the contacts are hard to get in touch with and there is not enough parking. 

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can try Windows On/Off Washington...
    I'm having my reception there in April 2011. But I have been to several receptions there and they have always been great!! 
    And I know that they have at least one room that will hold 300+ people!!

Hope this helps!!
  • Options
    MrsCiaccioMrsCiaccio member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked into Neo-the lady is hard to reach and when I had went to view the space in late 2009, she had yet to host a wedding there...not a good sign.  Also, she said that I would most likely need to hire security guards for the parking lots to make sure my guests' cars didn't get broken into!  Yikes!!!

The Coronado is very pretty, but not accomodating.  And a big problem for us was that they will not extend bar time. 
    MrsCiaccio2B
  • Options
    aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The prettiest big wedding I have attended was at the World's Fair Pavilion in Forest Park -- and bonus their caterer is Catering St. Louis, who I love! Not the cheapest, but their food is delicious!
    Lizzie
  • Options
    BustMuffinsBustMuffins member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My second choice was Moulin Events and Meetings. It was so pretty! It is an old brewery turned event space and had a really elegant vintage feel to it. I loved it. In fact it was my first choice, but became my second because it was a little more pricey then what I was looking for. They only include 3 hours of bar and their charges for add ons are kind of steep...The lady quoted me 17,500 for 150 guests. Not bad, but just a little more then I was wanting to spend. Also, they want a minimum of 150 guests on Saturday night. Good luck!
  • Options
    KdCarr21KdCarr21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friends' reception was at Moulin--it was wonderful!  A total blank space, feels very industrial, so you can do anything you want.  We were greeted with a glass of champagne and passed hors d'oeuvres.  Dinner was delicious (I had chicken, my husband had flank steak). The venue was perfect for them.  My husband and I had our wedding/reception at the Ninth Street Abbey, which was perfect for us.  It's all about what makes you happy, and if you're looking for a raw space, good food and service, and spending a bit on your guests, Moulin is a solid bet.  Happy planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards