Ohio-Columbus

York GC

Has anyone used/looked at York GC for a reception venue? I am in the early stages of beginning to consider venues/etc. and I was wondering if anyone has been there/used it for their reception/going to use it/etc. Any help would be great! Thanks so much!!

Re: York GC

• Freckles27Freckles27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My parents went to a wedding there last year.  They filled up the place to the max, and it was extremely uncomfortable for guests to sit and have dinner.  Would be a good option if you kept the guest count lower than the max.  HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    I paid my deposit to have my wedding there on Nov 6.  Granted now the wedding is pushed back, but I still really liked York, and we may still have our reception there (whenever that may be).

Pros
    - Big enough but not too big for our guest count (<150)
    - Bring in an outside caterer
    - Bring in your own cookies/champage/other random food
    - Outdoor balcony that can be used (we apparently could even bring fire pits and have a "gourmet smores" station outside)
    - Lots of windows looking out over the golf course/trees
    - Though you have to get liquor through them, the prices are MUCH more reasonable than anywhere else
    - They don't charge a catering fee
    - For November (off-season) the rate was only $500
    - They try to plan one event per weekend, so you can set up everything the day before
    - Right across the street from a whole slew of hotels, so guests can stay close by

Cons
    - The decor isn't amazing by any means
    - The bathrooms aren't amazing, but they are clean, and there are plenty of stalls
    - Liquor must be purchased through York

Let me know if I can help with anything else (pictures, liquor prices, etc)!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • TropicalglazeTropicalglaze member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had ours there a year ago!  It was wonderful!  I have no complaints and our guests really loved it!  I really liked the balcony...and so did our guests.  Chuck  was great to work with also! 
  • justEmilyjustEmily member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you guys have contact info for Chuck? The email on their website bounced back to me... thinking of York for our AHR!

Cruise Countdown Tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Chuck Dahn - cdahnyork24@columbus.rr.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • justEmilyjustEmily member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you very much!
    Cruise Countdown Tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards