Missouri-St Louis
Options

hair/makeup issues!!!!

I'm about ready to look somewhere else and could use some recommendations on salons or on-site for my wedding JUNE 4!!! Any ideas???

Some background and vent :) I "booked" my hair and makeup lady (Autumn with STL Makeup) months ago but never got a formal contract or anything from her. She was just starting out back here in St. Louis and so I didn't pressure her to give me a formal quote on services for me and girls, after asking 2-3 times during conversations. She confirmed prices with me several times and said her other stylist was also same price. Well...I should have.

She called this morning asking if she had quoted me for cost for hair trial. The cost for makeup trial was included in her $200. So I told her no and she told me I'd need to pay that next month, so instead of $50 I needed to pay $100.

On the phone she also was concerned about starting at 8:00 for 2 bridesmaids, flower girl and me with 2 stylists at our house. This is something I communicated MONTHS ago and she assured me it would be sufficient. I also gave her a timeline several weeks ago to review since I was finalizing invitations. I asked my girls if they wanted makeup and they agreed yes...I'd feel bad going back and saying "sorry, I need you to do your own due to time constraints". So now I'm going to have to start hair and makeup at 7:00 a.m.!  Really thinking about looking for other alternatives...sorry to vent.

Re: hair/makeup issues!!!!

• Options
    cgeithmancgeithman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that sounds really crappy! Let me know if you need a referral. My stylist has her own on-location hair and amke-up businessd for special occasions. She's very reasonable and fantastic!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    elh8r4elh8r4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    cgeithman- who is your stylist? I too am also looking for someone affordable to do make-up. 
  • Options
    MCCRARYSCOTTMCCRARYSCOTT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is the average going rate cost for wedding hair. My stylist said it would be $215 for me (which includes a trial run and her commute) and then $50 for each bridesmaid. I don't know if this is the average price for brides, but sounds kind of steep to me.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    redsoxgurl28redsoxgurl28 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She quoted me first $200 and went up to $230 (she didn't tell me there was a cost to do the trial) and $45 for each girl's makeup and $50 for hair. No mileage charge since we're in the same area. She's since upped  her prices. Depends on if you want airbrushing or not, but seems pretty "standard". She does have add-on services like lash extenses or band lashes that are $50-100 more.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards