Missouri-St Louis

Looking for a cheap LARGE venue

The wedding is still pretty far away, but I am starting to put together my guest list and I am getting scared. I need a venue for probably around 400 people (I told my fiance and my parents we need to stop making friends). Does anyone have any suggestions? Even a nice looking gym or multi purpose room, I am confident I can make any space beautiful, but I need to find a place I can afford to accomidate all those guests (and start workign on finding a way to cut down the list).

thanks

Re: Looking for a cheap LARGE venue

• SaraRose1124SaraRose1124 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Orlando Gardens and The Royal Orleans are both pretty inexpensive and say they can hold that many guests.  They are just your typical banquet halls but I've seen pictures where people have decorated them to look great.
  • redhead1216redhead1216 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours is going to be at The Franklin Room in Soulard.  It's $29 per person (which includes open bar and buffet).  You may see some bad reviews if you search it but that was from the previous owners.  The new owners have been there for just under a year but they are fabulous.  Michelle handles the coordination and her husband Doug is the chef.  (He is a prof chef at some Athletic Club in St. Louis).  Plus I think it holds up to 400.  It's a huge ball room, I love the old world glam of it.  
    Good luck looking!  It's stressful but when you find the place, you'll know it!
  • edited December 2011
    Moolah Ballroom holds up to 500 and is really reasonable. We paid 25 per person for food (buffet) and full open bar. They are through Genesis Catering. They are awesome!
  • edited December 2011
    Try The Cedars Banquet at St Raymond's. It's near Soulard!
  • carrier76carrier76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Second on Moolah.  We're not having ours there, but they were really reasonable and the guy you deal with seemed really friendly and flexible.
  • oceangirl06oceangirl06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going to The Christy in O'Fallon.
  • ValeriegoughValeriegough member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Jesse!

Bekah is having hers at The Franklin Room, so I doubt you want to repeat that. I looked into the Moohlah a little bit. It does seem pretty resonable priced and a good size.

Love you dearly, we'll talk soon.

-Valerie
    My venue... Image and video hosting by TinyPic ... Image and video hosting by TinyPic ... Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards