Missouri-St Louis

Ceremony Site

Im looking to have a wedding at the end of March. The weather in St. louis is not so awesome then and we are looking for an indoor ceremony site. We are trying to stay away from churches and hotels. Any suggestions?

Re: Ceremony Site

• SaraRose1124SaraRose1124 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many guests are you having and what is your price range?
  • aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

The Jewel Box would be a great choice.

Lizzie
  • eck036eck036 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you considered having the ceremony at the same place as your reception? It's very convenient for your guests.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-st-louis_ceremony-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:87Discussion:f919b262-c399-401a-b5dd-fd1fc1dfd63cPost:70086b03-1f0c-4639-8857-e5121da2e7c3">Re: Ceremony Site</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you considered having the ceremony at the same place as your reception? It's very convenient for your guests.
    Posted by eck036[/QUOTE]

<div>Exactly this.</div><div>
    </div><div>We got married at the Orpheum Theater downtown, and it was great- for the ceremony everyone sat in the mezzanine, with the opera boxes reserved for our families, then for the reception people just came downstairs to the tables that were already set up.</div>
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    If you're looking for a smaller space (holds no more than 100 guests) that you won't have to bother decorating, then I suggest The Conservatory in historic St. Charles.  That's where I'll be getting married and it's beautiful!  It's like a temperature-controlled greenhouse. 
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I highly recommend choosing a romantic place that suits your personality, as it will truly make you glow on your wedding day. If that's the Jewel Box, then go for that. Jewel Box is as close to being outside while being inside that you can get. If you're looking for something eclectic and different, try The Thaxton Speakeasy downtown. The Thaxton has a really awesome vintage art deco style to it, and it's on the lower price range as far as reception sites go. I have also shot ceremony/reception combos there. If you want to see some interior/exterior shots of The Thaxton, check them out on my blog here: http://amkarphoto.blogspot.com/2010/08/thaxton-art-deco-venue.html. Pick a place that really speaks to you! Best wishes! Amanda

Amanda M Kar | Amkar Photography | St. Louis, MO | www.amkarphoto.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards