Michigan-Detroit

Any good stores to look for wedding dresses near toledo or southeast michigan?

I'd like to start looking for a dress, I'm wondering of any recommendations for places to look. I know theres a Davids Bridal in Toledo, but I'm not far from the Southgate area either. Any good experiences or anything? I've only been to Davids Bridal once and that was looking for prom dresses with friends. Thanks ! 

Re: Any good stores to look for wedding dresses near toledo or southeast michigan?

• mpicklmpickl member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    I haven't heard anything good about David's, but have not had any experiences of my own there. I got my dress at I Do, Too in Plymouth. If you're in that area, Bridal Couture (also in Plymouth) is nice but small and pricey. I also had a really nice time at Bridal Magic in Canton.

Sorry, I know these aren't super close, but these were my top picks in the Detroit area....
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • that's fine :) if they're good places that I can afford I'm willing to drive up when I'm off of work :) I just want to get searching now to get an idea cause i have no idea what kind of dress will work for me, i just know what i like :) 
  • mpicklmpickl member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    I found that I Do, Too had very reasonable prices. Some of the dresses I liked in other stores I was able to find there for quite a bit ($150-200) less. Good luck!  :)
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I got my dress from Sarah's bridal in Milan, MI. Christine was super nice and it's a very affordable place. She doesn't have any dresses in there over $1500. I got my dress from there and I was super happy. She really was great to work with. I also looked at a place in Trenton called The Perfect Dress, they have a facebook page. Not a huge selection of bridal dresses but they were nice too. You have to make an appointment there though. They prefer you to have one at Sarah's bridal but I just went there when I was first looking and she was nice about it.
  • I got my bridesmaid dresses from Atlas Bridal in Toledo OH.  Everyone I worked with was really nice.  They have a nice selection and on the upper floor you feel like you are swimming in a sea of wedding dresses because of how they have them laid out.  

In Monroe there is a Bride's Unlimited.  She has a good selection and is a super sweet lady.  I am having her press everything for the day of and take my veil off it's original comb and attach it to the decorative comb so that I only have one.  Her prices are VERY reasonable!  I could not believe it.  

Good Luck and Have Fun!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I will stand up for David's in Dearborn. I had heard stories too, but I had a wonderful experience there and found the perfect one for $500. I do think their alterations are overpriced so I will not be going there for alterations :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I bought my dress at the David's in Taylor and have had no problems. They have been polite and helpful. I have heard their alterations are overpriced but am still going there just to make life easier.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I just bought a second wedding gown from Dressilyme.com and I am thrilled. I actually cried when I put it on . (they make knock offs for less)
    if its something youre willing to bargain (100-300 dollars for most gowns) I would find the one of your dreams and have it made there.

As far as Davids bridal my gf just had her wedding last week , her dress and all the BM dresses were from there. NIGHTMARE /> I actually wrote an email to the company about how I would never shop there again. Either would the rest of the BP.
  • Allessandra's in Warren.  The staff is very sweet.  They have a wide range of prices.
  • I just said yes to my dress this Saturday at Sarah's Bridal in Milan. Let me first say they are the nicest staff around!!! I think they are worth a try. Though the salon is not overpouring with dresses, they do have nice gowns and non are too expensive (most under 1500). They really listened to what I wanted and made the fitting very comfortable. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • thanks everyone, i'll go keep all of these for when i go to look !! 
  • edited June 2012
    Theres also Bella Donnas in Wyandotte. They carry Maggie Sottero and some other designers if thats what youre looking for. I do have to say, I went to Davids in Taylor and the staff was amazing, I just didnt fall in love with any of the dresses I tried on.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • those dresses are so pretty, i just don't think i can afford them, they look expensive, and as much as i'd like too, i can't spend a lot on a dress. my limit will probably be no more than $600 
  • i have to ask, are allure dresses expensive? I found a couple I really like but am debating going and even trying them on . . . 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards