Michigan-Detroit

Budget option flowers-Costco-information for you to consider.........

OK, so I've planned on doing this option all along. I shop at the Costco in Roseville, and long ago saw their vendor who was setting out the flowers in the floral kiosk. She told me that if I ever needed "special quantities" of anything to let her know.

SO, a while back I got her number from the Costco Customer Service desk. I just called her today, since our wedding is in 6 months and one day (!!!!). She was very nice and provided the following info:

- If you want larger multiples of anything they sell there (ie 2 dozen roses in a single color for $15.99, or a 5 pack of a single color asiatic lillies for $9, or greens and fillers like baby's breath, or gerbera daises in a single color), she needs to be called about 3-4 weeks in advance to make sure she has them when needed. Certain flowers like the lillies need to be picked up and allowed to open up about 4 days in advance, etc.

These prices are less than the online ordering price (100 white roses for $75, 75 cents each vs 2 dozen for $15.99, or 66 cents each), plus you'll know what you have because you are picking them up versus waiting for delivery and getting what you get.

I'd just be using these for the centerpieces, as I still intend to order one of their white wedding packages for the bouquets, bouts and corsages. BUT, I can get enough flowers for 12 pretty elaborate centerpieces for under $100.

The very BEST part of this is that I have a Costco American Express card, and use it for my work travel expenses with money back in a Costco gift certificate to use at Costco store only. I just received my annual refund and it's over $150, enough to cover my flowers AND 2 sheetcakes to be cut in the back of the banquet hall.

Just thought I'd pass this along. In case you have a Costco membership and don't use the Roseville store, check at the customer service desk of your local Costco to see if they have a similar arranger/floral orderer.

Re: Budget option flowers-Costco-information for you to consider.........

• edited December 2011
    Wow Sue that is a great deal! I go to the Roseville Costco too. PM me her number if you have a chance, I would like to see if she can special order a particular hard to find flower!
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • mel7997mel7997 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sam's club also has a real nice selection, that's what we're doing for the majority of our flowers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    272 Invitedimage 240 Attendingimage 32 Declinedimage 0 Not Repliedimage RSVP Date Feb 24
    For Sale Bio!
  • helgak99helgak99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't know they had in the store in bulk, I have printouts of what I wanted to order from the website.  Had great reviews and my girlfriend did her sister's wedding last year with Costco flowers.  Highly recommended. 

• klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So- you call the lady and arrange the flowers, are they then deliveried to Costco? or do you pick them up from her directly (say her other "store")?
    I plan to use costco flowers as well but wasn't sure about how "check out" would work when ordering specific selections
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Kimbus 87Kimbus 87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Sam's Club for mine and it was awesome. SIL has worked at a flower shop for 10 yrs so she had all of the expierence. We did all the flowers (my boquet, 2 flower girls (identical to mine only smaller), 4 bm; 4 corsages and 7 bouts) and the flowers were aprox $150 (can't remember actual cost but it was within that range). We had roses (red and white) and alstroemeria (also red and white) along with some greens and babies breathe.
    SIL is also doing this for a family friends weeding in a month, although I'm not sure what flowers/colors she's using.
    If you have the experience or know someone who does would totally recomend Sams or Costco!!
  • kloftus16kloftus16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the offer!!
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    klreese: You call her (or the flower arranger at any Costco), about 3-4 weeks before your wedding. She orders in bulk, and you pick up and pay at the store based on a reasonable delivery schedule to allow them to open. You then arrange the flowers yourself.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards