Michigan-Detroit

Florist help!

Has anyone ever done business with Viviano in Shelby Twp? I just met with them and really like their flowers, but the quote they gave me seemed really steep. Are they worth it?

Re: Florist help!

• Did you meet with Marena??! She is my consultant!!! They are totally worth it...I'm using them for my wedding tomorrow!!!
  • No, we met with Rose. I'm torn, I like their flowers and Rose seemed really eager to work with us, but the initial quote which doesn't include centerpieces for the head table yet seems really high to me.
  • From my own research as a bride who's been planning for months, you're paying for a combo of their stellar reputation and the fact that with them you're booking a florist who will come, deliver, set up, take down and give gorgeous flowers.  They're a first tier vendor so it's really not too high but just that you're going for the top of the line instead of doing it yourself with flowers from Costco or another lesser known florist who isn't hugely known and a knot honoree.  We went with Petit Fleur who is also top tier but has a different style than Viviano's.  But most florists on TK who are well known will cost a pretty penny.  That's just a normal part of the wedding industry machine.  You can always go with someone cheaper or splurge on flowers and pull back somewhere else depending on how you budget.

• As zantster said, it depends on what you want, and how important the floral impression is to you when your guests see them. I love fresh flowers, but wasn't really picky. I ordered the 20 piece white rose wedding package from Costco ($399 for all the bouquets, bouts & corsages), and fresh flowers from the florist that stocks the local Costco kiosk for our centerpieces. Flowers for 10 centerpieces were $173. I got  80 stems of white asiatic lillies, 12 dozen white long stemmed vendella roses & 2 huge bunches of baby's breath for that price.

I wasn't really particular about having a certain "look" if you know what I mean. Our colors were black & white/cream, so all white flowers worked.

My dead bouquet, and my MOH (daughter) dead bouquet are in a vase in the basement. As you can tell, this was a great price for us for something that lasted a couple of weeks.

(PS: I am NOT trying to take money away from local businesses: for some brides the flowers are critical to their weddings. It just wasn't that critical to us, the food was)
  • I'm with you Sue. Flowers aren't a huge deal to me. Yes I want nice bouquets and centerpieces, but at a reasonable price. My main priorities were the venue, photographer and my dress. I just got a referral from a family member who went through this vendor for her wedding last year, so we'll see!
  • Bianca you have a PM!

We got married 11/3/12!!

• Get a quote from another florist- if its lower, take it to Vivano and see if they'll match, or maybe throw in the head table pieces.. Is paying cash an option for you? That should lower the price...
  • Well, I got a reccomendation from my future MIL. A friend of hers is a florist so we went to see her this past Friday, and based on first impressions I REALLY like her and she's really willing to work with us since she does know my MIL. From the looks of it I'll be able to get pretty much everything Viviano's offered for a lot less. Just waiting for her to email me with her quote. Fingers crossed!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards