Michigan-Detroit
Options

Seamstress/Alterations

I've been scouring the vendor reviews, but want to narrow it down a bit... I need to get some slight alterations on my dress (hem, bustle, bra cups, modified sweetheart neckline) and I don't know where to go. The place where I got my dress has a seamstress they recommend, but the consultant seemed shady about it, like she wouldn't use them herself. I found another place that got great reviews, but they wouldn't take me because I didn't get my dress from their shop. So I turn to the boards!

I live in Canton and don't want to drive more than 20-30 minutes. Does anyone have any seamstress recommendations for me?
 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Seamstress/Alterations

• Options
    Annie from Haberman Fabrics in Royal Oak did mine (almost all the same alterations as you)...she used to make complete custom wedding dresses but has sense switched to only alterations because of time constraints BUT she was awesome and really easy to work with. I went to the fabric store for fittings and such but I actually think she lives closer to you so you may be able to meet closer to canton. You can contact her just by calling the store.
  • Options
    That is EXACTLY what I had done with Gaby Alterations in Canton.

She works out of her home. Fantastic work, kind person, and reasonable price. I think my hem, bustle, cups, sweetheart neckline and some other small adjustments were just under $300

Hope my response isn't too late for you :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards