Michigan-Detroit

Serious panic mode

I am due to get married on Belle Isle in October. Now that the whole city/state war over who is going to take it over, I am really nervous. There has been talk of the entire island getting shut down prior to our date. We signed a contract and paid money but it won't matter. I am having daily panic attacks because we have already sent out our invites and if they do indeed close down, then what the hell am I to do!?!? Barf.

Anyone know of a place that might have a last minute opening October 13th that allows outside catering? I've looked at the list posted but I don't know what's popular or not. We didn't even look at anything else because I knew that's where I wanted to get married before I even got engaged.
Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Serious panic mode

• I'm so sorry to hear about your fears so close to your wedding. Hopefully it all works out.

There was a former Knottie who had plans to have her reception at a hotel downtown that closed about 2-3 months before her wedding. She took her story to the Roostertail downtown and was able to make arrangements with them. They are in Detroit, and probably very familiar with people's plans getting messed up due to these types of issues. I doubt you can use your own caterer, but they are supposed to have great food. I seem to recall she was able to get them to agree to a similar price plan.

If our reception is less than 100 people, the venue we used, Greenmead Village in Livonia allows outside catering (they don't even offer it, it is always from outside). But their venue only holds 100. It is possible to bring in tents, but not sure whether they have any events planned for that day, because it is a public park. If you want to see info on it, my bio link below has that info in the "vendor" link.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
  • Don't panic.  There are plenty of awesome options that may be open.  How many people are you having? 

• We're doing our wedding at the Somerset Inn (they do provide the catering) but they are wonderful to work with! I think they are busiest during the week with business meetings/conferences, so it's possible they might have that weekend available...
  • I went and talked with them and they said since I signed a contract no matter what happens I will be able to have my wedding there. PHEW.
    I have about 225 invited and so far havent had any No responses.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards