Ohio-Columbus

Alterations on Lane

Hi... I live in Columbus but my wedding is in Florida. I purchased my dress here and took it to Alterations on Lane.

I have an appointment for my first fitting on Thursday but when I called to confirm, she has a message on her voicemail that she hasn't been returning calls and will contact brides to schedule appointments.

Has anyone met with her recently? Is she still doing alterations or should I be concerned?

Thanks!

Re: Alterations on Lane

• edited December 2011
    I know a friend of mine just met with her last week . . .
    I think that just means that if you're new and haven't scheduled anything yet. (hopefully)
    I used her and while I loved her and my dress was great, her communication was not always the greatest. Her voicemail fills up often. Yet, she was always there and ready when I had my appointments.
  • edited December 2011
    If that doesn't work I will suggest the person who did my alterations. Linda Hines. PM me if you need her information.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with RNM. I used Joyce in May for alterations to a bridesmaid dress. I got a little concerned when trying to contact her via phone, because I almost always got only her voicemail, which said it was full with messages. However, each of the three times I went in for fittings, Joyce was there, ready and waiting for me. And she did an awesome job on my dress - it fit perfectly and I was very happy with it! Also, one of my friends went to her last week to have a wedding dress fitting, and she was very happy with her as well. I would say that you shouldn't be overly concerned about not answering your call. She seems to be very on the ball otherwise and she definitely does great work! I am planning to use her when I have my wedding dress altered next spring.
    kissing

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP: 10/26/11 EDD: 6/28/12

• edited December 2011
    I would call Damion on Bethel Road.  442-6800
    I had a dress EMERGENCY and he totally put my mind at ease - I think I hugged him!
    Also, my MOH took her dress there after the first alterations place TOTALLY messedit up and he fixed it for her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards