Ohio-Columbus

Park of Roses Questions

Hi, I am new here and planning a June 2011 wedding. We hope to have our venue as the Park of Roses, but I have a few questions about the venue.

1. Has anyone used the site with the small gazebo with more than 20 people? How many did you have there?

2. Was renting chairs expensive? I am looking at a Sunday date so it would be less likely that I'd be able to share with a bride. We're looking for 100 guests to show, maybe a little less - And the site with the trellis provides 50 chairs.

3. Is there a rain backup? Do they let you use the shelter house? If it rains, am I just out of luck? This is my biggest worry about an outdoor wedding!

TTC since October 2011.
DX with Non-IR PCOS in October 2012.
Missing RIGHT tube due to a prior surgery to remove cyst-zilla (40 lbs!) at age 12.
HSG showed tube was blocked - cleared by dye. DON'T DO CLOMID WITHOUT AN HSG!
Cycle #8 with 50mg Clomid & TI = BFN
Cycle #9 with 50mg Clomid & TI = No response.
Cycle #10 with Clomid 100mg + Ovidrel shot = ???
CD12 ultrasound showed no follicles above 10mm.
CD16 ultrasound showed no follicles above 10mm (WTF)
Clomid 200mg CD 16-22, repeat u/s on 3/11

Re: Park of Roses Questions

• edited December 2011
    We have reserved the wedding mall trellis area at the Park of Roses for our October 2nd wedding. I am also concerned about the weather! If you want a back up, you can also rent the shelter house that's there. I think that you rent it for $65/hour, with a minimum 2 hour rental. I have my fingers crossed for good weather though, because the shelter house isn't exactly pretty and I'm not allotting extra $ in our budget for decorations, or for that matter, time to decorate the shelter house if we have to use it! We started to look into chair rental, but from what I've seen, it's kinda pricey. I know that the time frame before us has been reserved, and I've contacted the parks dept. and asked them to pass my contact info on to the couple before us to see if they want to split the rentals, but I haven't been contacted by them yet. My biggest concern is actually the time frame and getting everything done in our 2 hours. We're supposed to have the chairs set up, have the ceremony, and have them taken back down within that time frame. If we don't hear back from the other couple, I'm worried about all of the chairs getting set up in time before our guests start to arrive. I'm optimistic that it will all work out, though!  Good luck with your planning :)
  • edited December 2011
    We had our wedding there last July, and it rained until about a half hour before our wedding.  I was quite worried because the shelterhouse was already rented out, so we were screwed if it rained! It ended up perfectly.. and we did rent an extra 50 chairs, they ended being 150 if i remember correctly?  I was pretty worried about getting everything set up and taken down in time.. we had 3 people helping, and it was fine!  GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards