Ohio-Columbus

Flowers on Orchard Lane vs. Bloomtastic Florist - Any Opinions??

Ok, I've made it to my florists stage.  any thoughts on either of these florists???  Thanks in advance!

Re: Flowers on Orchard Lane vs. Bloomtastic Florist - Any Opinions??

• osumegsosumegs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't meet with both, but I did meet with FOOL. I thought they were overpriced compared to other places. That said, I thought their work was gorgeous. I haven't been to a wedding they've done.
  • edited December 2011
    I met with both and I thought both were really nice.  FOOL was by far my highest quote, and they have a 2,000 minimum.  Bloomtastic was my 3rd lowest quote.  She was really nice and sent me a nice follow up letter, but I ended up going with FOSL because their prices were so good and the ladies are so nice to work with!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 323 Made the List!
    image 114 Are ready to Dance!
    image 12 Can't make it!
    image 197 Forgot how to use Snail Mail!
  • edited December 2011
    I met with both and ended up choosing FOOL. Bloomtastic's quote for us was more money for less flowers! FOOL gave us so many more flowers for the cost. And I felt like FOOL really understood the look I was going for, and they had a great reputation. I didn't have any problems at all, they were flexible with what I wanted, and worked to keep me under budget. Our bouquets and bouts stayed fresh through the entire event, and even our centerpieces held up well with the heat from all the candles we had on the tables. We thought they did a fabulous job and our flowers turned out stunning!
  • sep72fendrsep72fendr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I met with FOOL and that's how I felt when I left there. They priced me 3500 for my wedding. RIDICULOUS.

I ended up going with Robin and Anne from FOSL because their quote was like half of that and they promised me the flowers that I wanted :-)
    I iz not Bridezilla.imageI iz Veloceraptor!

FOR SALE!!.

• leg503leg503 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!  Where is FOSL located?  I didn't see it on their website.
  • edited December 2011
    They work out of their homes (two lovely ladies) but they're located in Westerville - not more than a 10 minute drive from Easton if you're familiar.  They're the best - we used them for our May wedding and booked them almost a year beforehand when I think their business was just starting to grow.  I don't venture the boards much anymore, but I'm so glad to see they're still blooming!  :o)  

I went to both FOOL and Bloomtastic and FOOL was gorgeous, but just too much money required as a minimum.  Bloomtastic wasn't unreasonable, but I got less for my money, and they required that I put down a $100 deposit before make any changes or getting any other quotes (I had changed my color scheme)... not a fan and a huge turnoff for me.  FOSL worked with me for weeks via email when I was overseas and with so much patience before I ever made mention of putting down a deposit, which made me feel as though they were really trying to earn their business.  In the end I probably met with half a dozen florists, and they were by far the lowest in price.  I don't think you'll be disappointed in their work, and the fact that they're both SO sweet is a bonus!

If they're booked, I think the next lowest quote I received was from Lora Snell at Elegant Touch Events - I've been told by other vendors that she's a perfectionist, so I've no doubt she'd do a good job too. 

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Friend of mine had bloomtastic.   Buotineers fell apart;  luckily she had an amazing day of coordinator who fixed them all.   WOW.  I will be using her, but not the florist.  She lets everyone plan their own wedding, just helps with plans and in my friends case, day of disasters....LOL  You can PM me if anyone wants her info, she is very reasonable on price too.
    Holly Loves AVON
  • edited December 2011
    We used FOOL.  We didn't price search a whole lot, but I can tell you that I feel we got more than we paid for.  My bouquet was amazing--very full and exactly what I had described.  We did low centerpieces on guest tables and tall, lush centerpieces on the head table.  I can't tell you how many people complimented us on the flowers.  You never know if a florist is going to be able to execute your vision, and I was worried about that leading up to our wedding, but when I received our bouquets and then walked into our reception, I was ecstatic.  Everything was perfect.  When I think back on my wedding day, FOOL is one of the only vendors that far exceeded my expections.  I would not hesitate to book them if they are in your budget.  There are some pics of our flowers at this link on Capital Style Bride.  I also think their prices were reasonable--our low centerpieces were $50 for a hydrangea base with peonies and garden roses, and the bridesmaids bouquests of all peonies and garden roses were also $50.  (I really like flowers though, so I understand how some people think spending that much on something that will die is silly :)

Good luck with your search!
    Bouquet:

http://www.capital-style.com/live/foundation/slideshow.jsp?file=/issue/stories/bride/your-weddings/2011/01/kelso.html&image=9&adsec=issue&tot=11&sid=119
    Tall Centerpieces on Head Table:

http://www.capital-style.com/live/foundation/slideshow.jsp?file=/issue/stories/bride/your-weddings/2011/01/kelso.html&image=11&adsec=issue&tot=11&sid=119
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards