Ohio-Columbus
Options

Service Fee?

I'm 99% sure we're renting the Amelita Mirolo barn but my one concern keeping me from doing so is their service fee to caterers for using their kitchen. I'm already renting the whole facility, why is there an additional fee? They said it was only to caterers who used the kitchen so if I had one drop off food and leave, like buffet style, there wouldn't be one. But what got me was say my family catered the event and used the kitchen, there also wouldn't be a fee. I just can't seem to get over this. Say I get a caterer and spend 5000 on catering, the fee is 20%. That adds an extra 1000 to the fee. They did say the caterer gets charged and not me. Really?! I'm pretty sure the caterer won't just suck that loss of 1000 up. It will for sure be passed on to me. Just venting here...

Re: Service Fee?

• Options
    They will tell you the caterer gets the fee, but all the catering companies I have talked to have you pay that fee they get charged.  My venue doesn't even have a kitchen, yet I still have to pay the service fee.  It's ridiculous!
  • Options
    This is completely frustrating! We were looking into getting a venue and choosing our own caterer. After finding out that the a caterer normally charges a 15% (sometimes more) service charge and then we would have to pay an additional 15% charge to the venue for using the caterer, we quickly changed our minds. That is an extra 30% that we have to pay! We thought we were taking the cheaper route by choosing a cheaper caterer, but found out that our original plan was actually better. We went with a venue that provides a caterer because it ended up costing the same amount of money. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards