Ohio-Columbus

Ice cream stands?

I looked at Jenis ice cream and its 750 dollars for two hours of ice cream (which seems expensive to me) since I only will have about 80 people I wondered if anyone else had a ice cream stand come to serve ice cream for cheaper??

Re: Ice cream stands?

• Look into Coldstone catering! I have seen pictures of people using them on the Weddingbee boards. I think it's around $3/pp too, but don't quote me on that.

I would also approach other local icecream shops and see if they would be able to help you out. Graeters and some of the new frozen yogurt places may have an extra machine/cart and be be able to work out a deal with you.
  • I don't know how much Graters charges, but it's probably per person ($750 for 80 people is a $10.00 sundae - that's "cool" only if it's in your budget)

Another idea would be to buy gallons, and then hire a few teens (from a high school service club like Key Club or something, paying the kids OR donation to the organization?) to scoop and monitor the sundae station.....  that way, you could have the toppings etc... you want, and I would think spend less than $10.00 per - but - maybe not!

• Hmmm I couldnt find anything on prices but Ill try to call them. We def want a festive cart or table.
  • Omg, I wish I wouldn't have seen this. I looked up Jeni's catering and now I'm trying to justify paying for the ice cream truck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_ice-cream-stands?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:112Discussion:ee457c96-4afe-406a-a463-5a31605658e1Post:b6df98b3-b906-48b6-a1fe-3eb04a4ae3d5">Re: Ice cream stands?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Omg, I wish I wouldn't have seen this. I looked up Jeni's catering and now I'm trying to justify paying for the ice cream truck!
    Posted by janellegt13[/QUOTE]

Yeahhhh its a little ridiculous! I couldnt justify spending that much on desserts eek!
  • Did you end up deciding on something?  I am looking to have soft serve at our wedding, so I'm looking for a soft serve ice cream machine to rent.  Did you find anything like that or talk to anyone who had one?
  • Check out Johnson's ice cream in new Albany! They have a truck! Not sure how much, but I've seen it at multiple weddings! We are thinking about doing a pizza by the slice truck. Love the idea of a midnight snack!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards