Ohio-Columbus
Options

table numbers

So I was thinking about DIY-ing some stuff and the table numbers seem to be a common thing people do themselves. What are other ways to designate the tables other than framed numbers that you have come up with/seen? For instance, I went to a wedding last year where thay used framed pictures of famous chemists and their names instead of numbers. I thought it was cute because they met in grad school (getting phD's in chemistry). Anyway, I was thinking I didn't want to do numbers. So anyone have any other ideas?

Re: table numbers

• Options
    pharmgirl1024pharmgirl1024 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding where the bride and groom used pictures of themselves at each age (ex. table 14 had pictures of them at age 14 and so on). It was cute and pretty easy to put together.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    casims3casims3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw this pic somewhere, and thought it was a cute idea. They still used numbers but they used numbers that meant something them.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we're doing empty wine bottles for ours. our invitation vendor is making labels for us to put on the bottles. we're using numbers, but possibly using different kinds of wine?? just a thought...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ha, I wish would have had time to do something fancier, but we just bought the pre-made table numbers at Party City that folded/popped up into a tent.
  • Options
    loislane906loislane906 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We did Ohio State football players. We made a list of our favorite players by number and chose from that. Then my H wrote up a short bio, why we love him, and found a picture of each player. He had a lot of fun doing it and our guests loved it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    AjoydAjoyd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Like pharmgirl, I went to a wedding where the bride/groom did use table numbers but also included photos of them at that age. I thought it was a very sweet personal touch, and of course everyone loved the baby pictures and the awkward pre-teen photos :)
    Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 since September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. photo 455d4bc3-3623-4c16-8dd1-1fbc7e99e147.jpg BabyFruit Ticker My BFP Chart
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our place cards are apples (picture link, ignore messy counter please) so were using chalkboards and names of apple varietals,  Gala, Braeburn, Red Delicious, etc. Pink Lady has already been claimed by my friends.
    image 210 Invited
    image 140 Are ready to party!
    image 32 Will be missing out!
    image 38 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_table-numbers-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:f6862797-d168-453b-b2be-557b8d919c6dPost:8a6a302a-d5d0-43cf-9207-a83f78c15c6a">Re: table numbers</a>:
    [QUOTE]Like pharmgirl, I went to a wedding where the bride/groom <strong>did use table numbers but also included photos of them at that age</strong>. I thought it was a very sweet personal touch, and of course everyone loved the baby pictures and the awkward pre-teen photos :)
    Posted by Ajoyd[/QUOTE]

What a great idea!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we're wrapping mason jars in fabric with a number and a skeleton key attatched...I love skeleton keys and wanted to have them involved. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jnkreagerjnkreager member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are planning naming our tables either after performers that have played at our venue (Frank Sinatra, etc.) or just old Hollywood stars to fit our vitage theme.  I also looooove the idea of pictures at each age so we might be changing our plans... :)
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    AlliD11AlliD11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm doing table numbers then underneath the number is a different short love saying for each table. I printed them myself and am laminating them myself. I got the idea from one of my favorite italian restuarants.

• Options
    Combs132Combs132 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been wanting to do something like this too...
    I love the pictures but we have about 36 tables - any ideas on how to make that work?

I also like the "signficant" number such as 59 weeks etc, but coming up with 30 something may be hard.  Where could you get cheap holders if I did go that route and printed up cards with a little story on them??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    osuchica85osuchica85 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    36 would be difficult to come up with.....maybe just a bunch of random names/etc that are important to you. Like the streets you have lived on, where you got engaged, site of first date, names of bridesmaids and groomsmen, college/high schools went to, etc. Like the post with 59 in it.....describe what it means to you. Maybe how you met the MOH if her name was a table. Or if one was where you got engaged-tell how, etc. I guess it doesn't have to have a specific theme to be fun.

I like the picture thing myself but I don't think it would work considering we will be 27 and we are having a smaller wedding (unless we had pics of us every other or third year depending upon amount of tables). I was thinking if I only ended up needing 10 tables I could do a 10yr celebration theme with pictures from each year we have been dating since we are getting married the week of our 10 yr anniversary.
  • Options
    Combs132Combs132 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @OSUCHICA - I actually started working on something like what you describe after reading this last night :)
    I think the 10 year thing is cute! Even if you have 1 more or 1 less than 10 it could still work somehow..  10 years of dating - wow!!  That's impressive :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing, our engagement pictures for each of them something simple. I have also seen couples name their tables for like places they have been and had a picture of them there ie "Vegas"
  • Options
    osuchica85osuchica85 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh yay combs! I hope it works out for you then.. Yep 10 yrs.....doesn't feel like it though!....we actually were long distance for years 2-6 (90-400mi apart depending upon the year).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wanted to make our own table numbers...we ended up with 12 tables, and did 2 pictures at each table.  Our colors were red, black, and white.  So we went around our new city and the city we first met in and took pictures of us holding a large picture frame at various spots.  We incorporated something red in each picture, whether it was a red scarf, red gloves, or the red fire truck.  I made each photo black and white, and then left the red item red.  Then added the table # inside the frame.  They turned out really cute - got plenty of wonderful comments from guests.

If you click the link below, about halfway down are some pics of our table numbers.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards