Michigan-Detroit

AW a day late- PIP

Sorry, when I tried to reply to yesterday's AW thread it said "Operation Aborted".

This was a huge week for me. On Monday I defended my thesis and passed with flying colors, so I officially have my PhD!!!
My FI came into town to watch along with many close friends and family, so it made the day even more special. 
This was also the first time my family has seen my FI since we got engaged in February and we spent time visiting his parents on Tuesday. On Wednesday we went to the mall to look at tuxes and wedding bands. He picked out the style tux and vest/tie combo he wants and I picked out my wedding band! 

Unfortunately, he had to get back to CA yesterday but I will head out there in a month. Also, yesterday marked exactly one year before our big day!!
185829_10150421989590405_571240404_17334789_3544435_n April 2012 Siggy Challenge Furry Babies Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: AW a day late- PIP

• gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on receiving your PhD!  That is awesome.

Also, congrats on all the wedding related accomplishments this week.
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats Dr!  That's really exciting, definitely AW-worthy.

Also, if you ever see the Operation Aborted message, just quote a previous response.  This will bring you to a new window and you can delete the text of the quote and type your reponse.  It's annoying but at least you can then post in the thread :)
  • MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your PhD!  What is it in?
  • courtney1188courtney1188 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOW on the PhD, congrats!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats Dr.!!!  I feel like I'm still so far away.

And congrats on everything else! Talk about productive! :)
  • sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is awesome news congrats Dr. Great checks as well!
  • edited December 2011
    Beautiful, DOCTOR! Congratulations. ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker Our Bio Bridesmaid Dresses July 2012 November Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you! The PhD is in molecular and cellular biology (my thesis was on chromosome organization and gene expression). 
    Thanks emarston for the advice on posting. It has happened to me several times so far, so that will come in handy!
    185829_10150421989590405_571240404_17334789_3544435_n April 2012 Siggy Challenge Furry Babies Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards