Michigan-Detroit

What is your something blue?

I'm trying to think of ideas of what to use for my something blue.

A few girls on my club board are wearing blue undies, but if spanx don't come in blue, then that won't work for me! haha

One idea I had was to use this rosary that I bought in Rome, Italy when I visited there.  It is this pretty blue and it was blessed by the pope, I was there during holy week.  But, I'm not sure what to do with it.

What are you doing?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: What is your something blue?

• edited December 2011
    I wore blue undies...under my Spanx.  So, sorry to disappoint Mo, I was wearing undies.  Just not new ones that I had bought for the wedding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    My earrings. They're little frosted blue lotus blossoms that I ordered off etsy.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not 100% sure yet.  Blue is my favorite color so one of our wedding colors is Pool (Turquoise).  I'm thinking about dying my shoes Pool so that might work.
  • edited December 2011

I might wear a garter with a little bit of blue in it.

As for the rosary, I think MeghanAshley acutally had a rosary wrapped around her bouquet. It looked so pretty. So there's an idea for the rosary. Maybe take it to your florist and have them tack it on somehow so it doesn't fall.

• edited December 2011
    Taryn - can you enlighten me about wearing undies under spanx? Maybe TMI, but, so since you wore undies did you have to pull everything down when you went to the bathroom?

PS - if so, was it a huge hassle?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I've seen people wrap the rosary around the bouquet - that would be very pretty and extra special since it was blessed by the Pope.

I will be dying my shoes a royal blue - there's a PIB of a knottie who did that I just loved how cute it looked in her pic.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011

Honestly, it seemed weird/gross to me to not wear undies under the Spanx.  Yes, I did have to pull everything down...but I only had to do it once.  It wasn't too bad because I had a BM helping me.  I put "instructions" on how to go potty in a wedding dress on my blog...I'll find it for you.  It's seriously the best way to go.

I tried the Spanx that have the pee flap and they weren't very comfy IMO...they had a weird tight band around the tummy so I had like two bulges around it.  Plus, I felt like I'd pee all over the Spanx if I tried to use the pee flaps...because you can't really hold them open when you're wearing a big dress.  Much easier to just take it all off and go.  LOL!

• edited December 2011
  • Melgor78Melgor78 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking of blue toenails, blue shoes or blue underwear, maybe all of them.  My main color will be royal/cobolt blue.
  • sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having a monogram label stitched in blue sewn into my dress.  I'd love a blue topaz right hand ring to wear also...I put that bug in FI's ear already lol.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Taryn, great advice! Super helpful!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • mink492mink492 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did our initials & date in blue on the bottom of my shoes with puffy paint. There should be a PIB, I haven't looked in there in awhile :)
  • edited December 2011
    One of my colors is light bluish purple...so I'll have lots of that in my boquet.  I was also thinking of buying new pretty blue undies.  I like the painted toenail idea too!
  • katiebird1981katiebird1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I got a pair of undies that say "I do" with blue rhinestones from a BM.  I think she bought them from classybride.com.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • katiebird1981katiebird1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://detroit.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_something-blue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:17500102-74c0-4f50-99b8-9dcdf8f31d02Post:d848473f-19a9-4af0-805e-4d63de8d0cde">Re: What is your something blue?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Here's the instructions...LOL! <a href="http://mrjones-and-me.blogspot.com/2009/08/whats-on-every-brides-mind-you-know-it.html" rel="nofollow">http://mrjones-and-me.blogspot.com/2009/08/whats-on-every-brides-mind-you-know-it.html</a>
    Posted by thecatsfancy[/QUOTE]
    That is AWESOME advice!  LOL
  • edited December 2011
    ^ You knew you loved me for a reason...you just weren't sure what it was until now.  ;)   That and the inside scoop I gave you on EPM...hehe.
  • MsBunny312MsBunny312 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes definitely wrap your rosary around your bouquet! Very cool.

A friend of mine who makes custom wedding dresses embroiders the bride's name and wedding date into the dress in blue thread. Perhaps you or a family member who embroiders (good way to get grandma or an aunt involved) could do the same.
  • JJFASTJJFAST member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My shoes! :)

• HiggyFan42HiggyFan42 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My shoes!  And I had new undies that said Mrs. Bunch in blue rhinestones on.  I also had a bit of turquiose ribbon in my bouquet. 

Drat, I was going to PIP both things but I don't have that disc on my computer.  I ran out of memory.  :( 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards