Michigan-Detroit

Need advice on arbor rental/purchase

I'm getting married next June in Bannister at the Milestone Barn. It's such a great location, but the only problem we're having is with the ceremony site. We want to get married overlooking the countryside, but if we do that, there's no arbor or anything to get married under. I know it's not necessary, but I just feel that we'll need something so we know where to stand :)

Does anyone happen to know of a place to rents out wedding arbors, or even custom makes them? Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

Re: Need advice on arbor rental/purchase

• jsroseweddingjsrosewedding member
    First Answer First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2012
    Would you want to DIY it?  Check out Pinterest for some ideas.  I have seen a backdrop made out of doors, or create a frame with PVC or wood and cover it with fabric or strands of streamers or something.  Michaels or JoAnn's has a bare metal archway I think.  Or put down a rug to create an end of the aisle.  Or put some decorative tall stakes in the ground and streamers from the end.  There are lots of ways to create an alter of sorts in an open area.

If not, may renting a chuppah would work.  Not sure from where but I would guess someone does.
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited November 2012

If you are talking about a simple arbor arch, you can buy them for less than $150, and that can't be much more than it would cost to rent. Plus you'll have a keepsake for your home in years to come.

I just checked Walmart, Target, Kmart, Meijer, they all have them under $150......just search for arbors to find the one you want. Some are metal, some are wood.

This one is really nice at Meijer's and it's on sale marked down from $225 to $168

http://www.meijer.com/catalog/search_command.cmd?keyword=garden+arbor

Also, Hobby Lobby rents them, info here: http://www.hobbylobby.com/departments/wedding/rentals.cfm

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards