Michigan-Detroit
Options

Greystone Mansion Vs. Waldenwoods

I am deciding between two venues, Greystones in Northern Michigan (south of Traverse City) and Waldenwoods (hour north of Ann Arbor). I originally wanted Frog Pond Village (near Interlochen) because I love the woodsy feeling, but they are a little out of my budget and seem to have a lot of add ons and not much opportunity for DIY.
I love that Greystone has an outdoor ceremony area and packages the ceremony, reception, food and even DJ! Of course there are extras and add ons, but planning a wedding from out of state, less to have to manage is great! They are also near Interlochen State Park, so I could still get pictures by the woods and lake. And you can bring your own alcohol which is nice because I want to do a MI beer/wine selection.
Waldenwoods is gorgeous, but because my wedding is smaller (only around 75) I can only do a tent reception, which makes me a little nervous since August can be very iffy in Michigan. The food selection is not as great and I can't bring my own alcohol. The area is beautiful and woodsy, and the price is significantly cheaper than Greystone.
Has anyone been to either place or seen a wedding there? Any advise?

Re: Greystone Mansion Vs. Waldenwoods

• Options
    I have never been to either venue but maybe you could provide your guests with drink tickets, perhaps 2 per guest, and anything after the guest has to pay for. That way you might save a bit of money on the drinks and can put it towards your venu budget.

From the sounds of things I think Greystone sounds right up your alley. 
  • Options
    I looked into Greystone for my wedding but we decided to stay closer to many guests so it wouldn't be a trip for everyone. 

From your post, it sounds like you want Greystone more but are holding onto Waldenwoods only for the price.  I'd just go with Greystone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards