Michigan-Detroit

* Need Healthy Vibes Please* Kinda Long Sorry But has CliffNotes.

Ok, sorry to do this early, but I won't have time tomorrow to do it. Tomorrow I get to go see the orthopedic surgeon about my foot to see what's going on and if I get a real cast or more ( I have it in an air cast now).  Anyone that missed it, I fell in a parking lot Friday the 18th of Dec and screwed up my foot pretty badly.

Before this incident, I had this ankle rebuilt 5 years ago, they took out 18 inches of tendons/ligaments and put a pin in it. After surgery and therapy, I don't have too many problems, just sometimes have to take it easy ( like sports or if I work too many hours on my feet I wear a brace).

When I fell on it this time, not only did I mess up the ankle, but the way my foot was positioned when I landed, the foot was almost straight up and down, like a ballet dancer on her tip toes and I landed on it that way. I also sprained my wrist when  I fell, twisted my  knee all to hel! and gave myself a great case of whiplash. I saw the chiropractor the next day because I have no insurance and he only charges me like 20 bucks per x ray. He said I for sure have a fracture in the top of the foot and possibly all around the pin, where it crunched and stress fractured.

So I need some healthy vibes that I don't need another surgery to rebuild it again. I am terrified. Even though I work from home, I can't afford to be on the couch on painkillers for a week and a half like I did last time, and who is going to take care of my four year old?

CliffNotes : Doctors appt tomorrow to see if I need another surgery on my foot and I am terrified.

Re: * Need Healthy Vibes Please* Kinda Long Sorry But has CliffNotes.

• edited December 2011
    Terri, I am SO sorry you have to go through this!!  It sounds so scary and painful. Frown

I truly hope you get good news tomorrow!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm thinking good thoughts for you!!  Let us know the results.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Oh no.  Hopefully they can fix this without extensive surgery.  I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for good news for you tomorrow!

Did you fall on the ice?  Why don't you e mail me - cinbad72 at comcast.net.  We need to chat....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Good luck, that's suck that you don't have insurance :(
  • terbear_86terbear_86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the support guys, I am hoping for good news. I just have a sneaking suspicion it won't be, partially because I have new bruises just about every other day or so, and I don't know which is more painful, the brace on or the brace off. Plus I have a child that doesn't understand " Momma has a big boo-boo. It's the same big boo-boo from yesterday. Stop hitting it, tripping on it, kicking me under the table" I am hoping for a solid cast to avoid all the little bumps, but not the surgery.
  • edited December 2011
    I am so sorry to hear this - I'll be sending good health vibes your way. Good luck tomorrow.

Let us know what they say!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • leeshab1982leeshab1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry :(  I'll definitely be thinking of you and sending good vibes your way.

Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • terbear_86terbear_86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Without getting all debbie downer on everyone, the alternative to me falling down could have been much worse. I was there to drive a friend home who was sloppy drunk after singing with a band for the first time. That night (obviously) was really slippery, icy and snowy and on the way home after I fell we saw over 8 cars in ditches and lots more sliding around. So while, yes I am in mucho pain, I would rather break my leg than read about my friend in the morning paper and the five other people he killed in the car that he hit. Too scary for me. So good news next to bad news.
  • katiebird1981katiebird1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Think positive and definitely sending health vibes your way!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't even imagine what kind of pain/discomfort you're in, but I hope everything goes well tomorrow. Healthy vibes your way.
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards