Ohio-Columbus
Options

renting a weekend house in columbus near downtown

we're thinking of renting a house for our college friends to stay in that's centrally located.  does anyone know about any resources or places that we could check out?  i'm from california and my fiancee is from columbus, and both of us are a little lost as to where to look.  anyone have any suggestions?

thanks!!

Re: renting a weekend house in columbus near downtown

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Where do they go to school? There are many colleges in central Ohio.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    sorry, that was confusing.  they are our college friends as in friends from when we went to college.  none of them are in school.  they all live all over the country and it'd be great if we could rent a house for them all to stay in.  The wedding is in Columbus.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just curious... are you an OSU alum?

How long are you talking, a few days or a week or more? I dunno, you may want to look online like at craigslist.com and maybe even the local suburban papers and see if anyone is renting in the area. Or, your better bet may be a bed and breakfast type deal or even one of those extendend stay hotels if they are going to be in town for a long while.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i looked into this for a friend last summer and there are almost none in downtown. occasionally, you'll find a listing on homeaway.com and i think i remember there being one in german village but it wasn't huge. i also suggest doing a b&b. there are several in the area (victorian village has one--the name evades me, german village guest house, etc.). good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are a handful of rental houses in the area listed on vrbo.com. Most of them don't have room for a large group of people, but this one sleeps up to 8 for just $160/night: http://www.vrbo.com/267498. There's also one listed in Dublin (not near downtown, unfortunately) that sleeps up to 12.

Its a really nice thought to try to find a house for all of your college friends to stay in, but honestly, it may be a lot of trouble, too! I think just reserving a block of rooms is sufficient and allows your guests to all stay together in one place. Good luck if you do decide to go the rental house route, though! :)

kissing

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP: 10/26/11 EDD: 6/28/12

• Options
    edited December 2011
    ehighly- thank you so much!  that is so helpful.  yeah, it might end up being more trouble, but we do want to look into it.  we would love to do this for our friends or at least offer it as an option.  we're getting married at schiller park/ barcelona restaurant, so there are definitely some promising leads on this site.  thanks again!  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You're welcome :):)
    kissing

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP: 10/26/11 EDD: 6/28/12

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My grandmother and my aunt rented a house for a long weekend for my wedding.  they couldn't find anything close to downtown, but they did find a fantastic house near clintonville (north upper arlington maybe, like near Henderson and Olentangy River Road).  I believe they found it on homeawayfromhome

If money is NOT tight, there is the German Village Guest house (just outside downtown).  It's technically a BnB, but you can rent all three bedrooms (which is what I did for one night, for all the bridesmaids and myself).  It's an amazing (!) house.  Super nice kitchen stocked with some food, cozy living room.  And all the showers were heavenly!  lol!  (The backyard is fantastic too.  There's an outdoor fireplace, that they set up so all you need to be able to do is start a lighter, so nice!)
    gvguesthouse.com

To rent all three rooms and have the house to yourself, it's about $800/night.  It's worth every penny, if your friends have all those pennies ;)   (I barely did! lol!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards